Author Topic: Not really tool related...more material related really.  (Read 3326 times)

Offline websterz

Not really tool related...more material related really.
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:43:05 PM »
Like many of you I have looked for creative sources for material. I had something knocking around the garage for several years that the missus wanted me to toss.  It was her old sewing machine. Not an antique or anything, just a run of the mill 1970's Japanese made machine. It was past it's prime and not good for sewing anymore. It did, however, hold a veritable treasure trove of good bits.  :dremel: Lots of metric grub screws, numerous tension and compression springs, a good worm and screw, at least 2 feet of good polished shafting, a nice little light with a switch, and a beauty of a 110v AC motor. That little sucker will turn almost 6000 RPM according to my laser tach!  :thumbup: The old toothed belt was a loss but I have lots of belts already. Keep an eye out at estate/garage/tag/boot whatever sales and you can pick up old sewing machines like that for a few bucks/euros/yen/drachmas etc.  :D
"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.  Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."
 :med: