Author Topic: Long Posts - Content box flicks to top  (Read 7289 times)

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
Long Posts - Content box flicks to top
« on: October 11, 2009, 04:07:20 AM »
Hi guys

just wondering if anyone else experiences this and has a cure?

Basically, as I type in the content box now I`m fine but as this content grows and I post more and begin to fill the viewing area of this box my view would keep flashing down to the point where I am typing but then flicking and sticking back up at the top here. I`m finding it difficult to explain!!

Like here is the last line of the content box as I type ..... when I move to the next line I`ll be able to continue typing outside the viewing area but it will flick back up to the top!

Nope... in actual fact it starts to happen
h
h
here!!! I can see what I type. As I press a letter it flashes down to show what I`ve just typed but then immediately flicks back to the top. When I`m not typing, I can`t see the bottom of the post. I`ve been struggling with this for months on two computers. Does anyone else find this? It looks like it is line 20 when it starts. It actually means that on long posts, like now, I`m typing in the dark!! I can scroll down to see what I have just typed, but the minute I start again, it flicks back to the top. I`m sure it is an easy fix but I can`t find out how!

Chris

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Long Posts - Content box flicks to top
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 04:30:19 AM »
 craynerd

Hi

Does this happen on all forums or just on MadModder. If it is just on this forum tham it might be a forum problem. If it happens on all forums than I would suspect that it is local to your computer. Sometimes my computer seems like it is acting up and I never know what to blame it on. Sometimes just turning the computer off, count to 10 and turn it back on will fix a lot of sins on a computer.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

bogstandard

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 04:44:43 AM »
If you have just installed Internet Explorer 8 then that will be your problem. It is a known and as yet unfixed problem.

If so, just by uninstalling it in the normal way, if you had IE7 on there beforehand, IE7 will be automatically reinstalled when you dump IE8. If not, you will have to download IE7 seperately.

I use both Mozilla and IE7, then if any problems occur with either, I just re log on with the other.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »
I use Foxfire only and it does that and a number of other things as it you aren't careful and bump certain keys with your hands or parts of your hands. it will do strange things the worst of it being to delete everything that you typed. Can really get to be a pain! and other things but not always the same thing.

I was told it is mircosuc fighting back that I will not be assimilated it to the gates hell hole! :borg:
I have loaded all the patches etc and it still does it on occasion. So it might be those magic keystroke short cuts that winnie does has built it.
I do know that this forum software doesn't handle long posts well when you hit preview  :doh:
 :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline sorveltaja

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »
One solution could be to write your whole text to notepad (or any text editor) and save it before posting, if in doubt, that it disappears/behaves strangely due to browser or forum software issues.

That way you wouldn't lose the text you have written.

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »
I have identified IE8 seems to be the culprit but since it is a works laptop, it cannot be uninstalled. I`m running IE7 on this laptop and seems to be running fine. I guess there must be a fix for it....

Chris

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »
I guess there must be a fix for it....

Yes ............ FireFox  :thumbup:

CC

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 09:58:02 AM »
I guess there must be a fix for it....

Yes ............ FireFox  :thumbup:

CC

Here Here!

IE8 severely has issues with forum software (among other things) That and IE7...

Dump em,

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline kvom

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 02:46:24 PM »
In IE8, just click the little "compaibility View" button to solve the problem.