Author Topic: My cellar  (Read 21222 times)

Offline 28ten

Re: My cellar
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »
Bogs
It's Wickes mousedust :D special offer over the bank holiday the whole lot cost under £50 including the framing.
my bench will be set at 38 1/2 inches including the additional MDF which sets the cross slide at about 44in which is perfect for me.
I agree totally about getting the height correct there is nothing worse than stooping over a bench.  :bang: I do also have a stool to perch on, for those thoughtful moments.
Incidentally, I took a lot of mental notes on your workshop and the way the tooling was stored for logical easy access.
If I ever CNC a small mill the righthand corner has been designed to hold a monitor on a wall bracket.
Anyway I'm about to order some more brackets  :D
If it ain't broke, i'll fix it until it is.

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 05:48:37 PM »
You've done a great job on that. Looks like a really nice place to work in.

Nick

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »
Nice work 28T  :headbang: ........... Festool do make top class gear  :dremel: ............ along with the lathe and mill my other favourite tool is

Boys n' their toys  :bugeye:

CC

Offline 28ten

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »
Nice work 28T  :headbang: ........... Festool do make top class gear  :dremel: ............ along with the lathe and mill my other favourite tool is

Boys n' their toys  :bugeye:

CC
who's a lucky boy then??  :D I find the MFT invaluable I have done all sorts of jobs from kitchens to decking with it, my only complaint would be it's weight - it's not that portable to carry any distance or up stairs etc

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »
who's a lucky boy then??  :D 

To be fair I use it for work, and it's probably paid for itself twice over in the past few years, however, the plunge saw has paid for itself 10 times over ............ value for money that's the best tool I've ever bought  :thumbup: ................ or the best 3 tools I ever bought  :bang:

CC

Offline 28ten

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 03:22:54 PM »
Progress is slow as I can't make lots too any noise with circular saws n the evening as the kids are asleep, but I have decided to raise the end of the bench a little more
http://www.28ten.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/madmodcellar-2529.jpg
The thinking behind it is that I only drill small parts in the drill press and that I gets it at a more comfortable height. as a side benefit I will also manage to get the tool chest under as well  :D
Hopefully I will be picking up some contiboard for some shelves this weekend and I can make a start on that, and I also hope to get the lathe leveled up so I can start some small jobs

Offline 28ten

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »
A little bit of progress leveling up the lathe has shown a couple of shortcomings with the bench - I haven't really got a fine  adjustment for the height which means it is very difficult to get it spot on with an engineers level  :doh: so I need to make some more legs with some way of tweaking the height.... after all there is no point in having a wonky lathe  :D

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 07:35:50 PM »
It'll be a nice workshop, bet you can't wait!

Offline 28ten

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 05:23:26 PM »
I have done a few test cuts tonight, the work on the lathe bed and gibs has made a real difference, I am able to make deeper cuts when i am roughing out, and the finish is much better.
I need to find some solution to the cable problem though, I'll post some pictures tomorrow