Author Topic: Slimline Rotary Table 150mm/6 inch  (Read 34387 times)

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
Re: Slimline Rotary Table 150mm/6 inch
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2009, 07:11:23 AM »
I have ordered a few things from Warco in the past and they have been very efficient and usually have good prices. Am tempted by their HV6 rotary table as it comes with the dividing set, all you need is a tailstock which is pretty cheap from them too.

Nick

Offline colin563

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »
ive just found some instructions onusing a rotary tabe withe dividing plates

if anybody wants it contact me with your email via pm

and i will send to you or could someone put it in the downloads {they dont work for me }

colin

Offline ibuildstuff4u

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »
I have a 6" rotary table for my X2 mill and have not had and issues with Z axis height.  I was really worried about running out of room and almost bought a 4" table thinking it would be a lot shorter.  I'm really glad that I did not buy it!  I looked around and was able to find a 6" table that is only a little taller than the 4" one.  My rotary table is 77 mm high and I have about 286 mm of head room on my mill.  If you use R-8 collets instead of end mill holders you can keep most of this room for an end mill and your project which is quite a bit of room.  Also if you have an older X2 mill your Z axis track will not allow you to move the head all the way up.  You can buy a longer track from Little Machine Shop.com for $20.00 which allows your head to move all the way to the top of the column and even a little past it.

Dale P.