Author Topic: Bookmark a thread?  (Read 4545 times)

Offline GordTopps

Bookmark a thread?
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:15:05 AM »
Is it possible to bookmark a thread so that it is easy to refer back to when wanted?
Many thanks
Gordon
There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Bookmark a thread?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 12:02:35 PM »
Gordon

If you start a new thread (as you have done by posting this message above) you will automatically receive notification by email of any new replies to that message.

If you post a reply to a message you will automatically receive notification by email of any new posts to that message.

If any further questions, just ask and someone will have an answer.  :doh:

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 02:14:56 PM »
you will automatically receive notification by email of any new replies 

Only if you select that option in your profile Don, but you can selectively track a thread by clicking on the notify button at the top.

Gordon, to bookmark a thread either use the "Bookmark" option in your browser .........  or ............... copy the address bar ........... such as ..........

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=2013.0

Then paste it into a text document (Word, notepad etc), then all you need do is copy and paste it into your web browser when you want to go back

Just a few random thoughts.

CC

Offline sorveltaja

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 02:21:57 PM »
At least on Firefox there is a shortcut key (Ctrl + D) to bookmark the page that is currently open. Not sure if this works on Internet Explorer or other browsers.

Offline GordTopps

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 03:01:46 PM »
Okay, thanks all, I will do as I usually do for the time being, I click File>Send>Shortcut to desktop.
There is a growing number of them at the moment and was hoping to be able to find a prticular thread directly from the Forum page.
Thanks
Gordon
There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline sorveltaja

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »
Hmm.. GordTopps tell us what browser are you using. Sending shortcuts to the desktop may work for some time, but if you are like me (many hundreds of bookmarks), they just don't fit to desktop.

Instead it would be more practical to use browsers bookmark-function.

Offline GordTopps

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »
I'm using IE8, I know I can save a page in favourites, that may be my best option, just create a new folder for saving favourites.