Author Topic: reg ingolds engines and stuff  (Read 4932 times)

Offline chuck foster

reg ingolds engines and stuff
« on: November 01, 2009, 08:04:38 PM »
i was just looking around on the web and run into this site  http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold/index.htm

all i can say is WOW  :bugeye: what a great looking bunch of engines and stuff. have a look and see for yourself.

chuck  :wave:
hitting and missing all the way :)

former hmem member

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: reg ingolds engines and stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 11:04:08 PM »
Hi Chuck

I went and had a good look around his site. Lots of nice scale and full size engines of all flavours. I liked his comment about the 2 wheeler and I Quote

"This was built as a fun machine for going round shows. Its top speed was around 20 mph. I fell out of love with it when I got a flat front tyre at full speed !! I wrote my name in six languages before going over the bars ! I sold it to a man up north."  :lol: :lol:

Thanks for showing the link Chuck.  :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Davo J

Re: reg ingolds engines and stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 11:57:50 PM »
Reg lives just around the corner from me and my wife also plays bowls with his wife. He is a great bloke, he helped me out when I was young, trying to modify RC gas cars that were not available back then. He has been into those engines for as long as I can remember. I remember 25 years ago he had 2 atc 70 trikes that he had converted to front suspension and disc brake's, way ahead of time, for those days. Reg always seems to be modifying something.
Dave