Author Topic: Got a new project in the works.  (Read 4771 times)

Offline websterz

Got a new project in the works.
« on: November 04, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »
I am forging ahead with my DC motor power feed on the 7x12 lathe. I just received 3 14.4 volt cordless drills in the mail today, on the cheap from FeeBay as they came with no batteries or chargers. Oh well...I didn't buy them for drills now did I?  :dremel:

I have my new 12 volt power supply ready to go...a re-purposed ATX power supply also from FeeBay.

The PWM motor control will be here next week and I can start assembling the power feed. Copious pics will accompany the project.  :thumbup:

:ddb: :ddb: :ddb: :proj: :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:
"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.  Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."
 :med:

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Got a new project in the works.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 12:31:05 AM »
Ok Webster, got the easy chair out, the corn is a popping so we're ready when you are.  :lol: :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline websterz

Re: Got a new project in the works.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 11:11:48 AM »
Today I got several packages in the mail...like Christmas Day for websterz!  :D In the mix were the 3 computer cooling fans I bought on FeeBay to cool my power feed with, and the final component for the project, the PWM motor control. I will start on the project Monday morning with lots of pictures!! I also got a little tool gloat. Three brand new shiny 3/16" 2 flute carbide endmills. Now I can finish building that facemill I started last week. And the buy of the year (for me anyway), the Criterion boring head I have been lusting after. Smallish boring heads are harder to come by unless you buy new and pay a premium. I could have muddled through and built one but not for what I paid for this one!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280419694186

"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.  Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."
 :med: