Author Topic: Any other big oafs here...  (Read 4851 times)

Offline websterz

Any other big oafs here...
« on: November 08, 2009, 05:58:23 PM »
...step on their daughter's kitten and kill it today? No? Just me? I'm going to go take up heavy drinking as a hobby now.
"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.  Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."
 :med:

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Re: Any other big oafs here...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »
I don't suppose "oops" quite does it somehow :hammer:

You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline websterz

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »
No...not after having been the one that stayed up all night nursing her back to health when she was too young to be away from her momma. And not since the only reason she was underfoot was that she wanted to be everywhere I was. I gotta' tell you, this just plain sucks. I really don't like feeling like this...not at all.
"In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.  Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 11:16:47 PM »
Websterz

I feel your pain. It was an accident and as such not something that we have much control over. Time will help a bit but you won't easily forget. Your daughter will hurt for a while as well. Try and get her mind on something else and later on when she is ready maybe she can just happen to be someplace that has a new litter of kittens.  :(

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline websterz

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 08:32:02 PM »
Well, peace has quickly returned to the webby household. Mrs. webby finally admitted that she missed the cat. She was a dyed-in-the-wool non-cat person...or so she claimed. Of course my daughter wanted another cat and I was not opposed to the idea...as long as the new one was big enough not to easily get underfoot.  :bugeye:

As luck would have it there was a litter at the vet's office when we went to collect Little Bit's mortal remains. The last two unspoken for were both females. One was an orange tabby...my least favorite cat. They just look like mangy alley cats to me. The other was "some kind of calico" according to the vet. Shows that even THEY don't always know.  :scratch: The little 3 month old is a torbie, a tabby/tortoiseshell mix and cute as a bug. My daughter said she looks camouflaged so her name is Cammie. Better than Fred I guess.  :doh:

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »
Female orange tabbys, especially full pattern (no white at all) ones used to be so rare that it was assumed all were toms but when my Cyril started getting gentlemen callers we learned the truth! :lol:
From the den of The Artful Bodger

Offline kvom

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:49:47 AM »
I am not a cat lover, and should I ever do that to one of our cats I would be accused of doing it on purpose.   :wack:

bogstandard

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 09:09:27 AM »
Websterz,

I wouldn't worry about it too much, my wife used to have a bad habit of running over ours when backing out of the drive.

I think it is three at last count.

We only have one left for her to have a go at now, and he is living on borrowed time, after being run over twice on the main road. When he hears our car start, you can't see his a**e for dust.

Bogs

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
I named our last one Trex

Do a google on "trex cooking"

John S.
John Stevenson

Offline Twmaster

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 09:36:04 PM »
My best friend is an old Torbie Cat named Fiona. Glad the little one is happy now.

Mike N

I break stuff.

Offline websterz

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 07:38:11 AM »
My best friend is an old Torbie Cat named Fiona. Glad the little one is happy now.

Not a happy looking cat.

bogstandard

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »
Websterz,

After being in the company of pet cats all my life, that one is definitely a happy one.

You don't want to be on the receiving end of an unhappy one.

Bogs

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »

(Hmmmm... the lawn seems to be a funny colour :scratch:)
From the den of The Artful Bodger