Author Topic: My homebuilt CNC plasma cutter and aluminum furnace  (Read 6099 times)

Offline Gadget

My homebuilt CNC plasma cutter and aluminum furnace
« on: November 23, 2009, 10:13:14 PM »
First off I hope I am not breaking any rules by having the plasma cutter logos on the video. I added them to the post for the owner of the company, he is a good friend of mine.
I made this table a year ago. It can do plasma cutting or I can put a table in it for routing. This project has been very fun. I am still learning the software side of it and am now ready to try 3d routing. I have already done engraving and 2d routing with it.  I will be happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the table.

The second video is my aluminum furnace with my new waste oil burner. This doesn't need propane to start the unit, just an oily rag to get started.
Dan

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Re: My homebuilt CNC plasma cutter and aluminum furnace
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 10:32:10 PM »
Dan,

I like that plasma cutter. I'd like to build one someday. Sure would make cutting small sheet metal parts easier.

I liked the oil burner. I made a propane burner and did get to melt some aluminum but never got to pouring any molds.

Have you seen the Backyard Metal Caster forum? (I think that's what it's called) He's done some experimenting with oil burners. One of these days I'll get back to do some casting.

That's for the posts. Very nice.

Bernd

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:34:51 PM by Bernd »
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Gadget

Re: My homebuilt CNC plasma cutter and aluminum furnace
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 10:38:29 PM »
Backyard metalcasting is another of my haunts. Lots of good ideas there.