Author Topic: Section on selling on E bay  (Read 7252 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Section on selling on E bay
« on: May 12, 2008, 04:29:23 PM »
How about a dedicated section dealing with the trials and such of selling on E bay.
The pro's and the cons.
Not so much about what you are selling and how much you are getting for the items?
But more general type of have you gotten stiffed are you getting stiffed more often what kind of scams have you come across?
Have you had problems with sellers or buyers?
How important are the feed back statements?
Things that a new person that is thinking about selling on e bay needs to know?
And not a section for what somebody has seen on  E bay.
Just tips and tricks for the newbie E bay sellers or buyers on E bay.
Also maybe what scams to look out for?
And since at least one here has sold to a foreign country how was the trans action handled and the shipping problems if any?
 ;D
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Sky King

Re: Section on selling on E bay
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:38:14 PM »
I have had pretty good luck selling and buying on ebay. You take your chances, on things I don't want to give away I always put a reserve. Some items went for a lot less than similar items just a few days ago and some went for a lot more than I expected.
I always seem to loose a little on shipping. On large items I usually sell with buyer to pay actual shipping costs. But I forget about the time and packing material I always end up using. I have yet to have anyone complain or leave neg. feed back.
I usually sell only to North America but I did have a fellow downunder bid a very good price on a antique R/C car and since he paid all the fees I went ahead and sold it to him.
I very seldom "bid" on an item, and if I do I put in my max. bid up front. If I get OK, if not OK. I prefer to "buy it now". I also refuse to buy items that have a ridiculous S&H fee.
I prefer to use Paypal, other than that I only accept a USPS money order.
Just be careful and ask the seller for more info and pictures of the actual item, if he balks, then don't uy from him.
Good Luck,
Julian

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 09:32:46 PM »
I put up a board for selling... not just Ebay, but places like Etsy etc... Also a place if you have your own web store etc..

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 09:53:58 AM »
I put up a board for selling... not just Ebay, but places like Etsy etc... Also a place if you have your own web store etc..

Eric
Great thanks,  As it seems that E bay has the most pitfalls and scams, compared to others. But that will work. I was starting to wonder as last week there was a news story about a bay dealer, suing a purchaser for not giving feed back good or bad. The seller stated that, he had neither feeling about the seller and there isn't a neutral selection to reflect his choice ::)
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »

Eric
Great thanks,  As it seems that E bay has the most pitfalls and scams, compared to others. But that will work. I was starting to wonder as last week there was a news story about a bay dealer, suing a purchaser for not giving feed back good or bad. The seller stated that, he had neither feeling about the seller and there isn't a neutral selection to reflect his choice ::)

Bizarre. You can give neutral feedback. Always been able to give neutral feedback. I have been dealing with Ebay since just about the beginning.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.