Author Topic: Picture Work  (Read 6840 times)

bogstandard

Picture Work
« on: November 30, 2009, 04:15:28 AM »
Over the last few weeks or so, I have been trying out a new picture resizer.

It took me about half an hour to get to grips with, now I just take my piccies, select the ones I want into a folder, open up a new folder for the fixed pics, and run the resizer proggy. Within seconds the pics are resized, basic colour casts sorted and watermark added.

So rather than taking well over an hour to sort out say a 20 pic post, it now takes less than 10 minutes, and most of that is choosing what pics I want to use.

It is well worth a go, and is a freebie with no strings attached, as long as it isn't used for commercial purposes.

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

Bogs

GrahamC

Re: Picture Work
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »
Thanks for posting that, just what I was looking for!

Now if I could just find something that corrects my typing and better still, something that corrects Microsoft from correcting my typing with what it thinks I am really thinking what I should be typing.

cheers, Graham in Ottawa Canada

GrahamC

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:34:05 PM »
I just downloaded, installed and had a quick go at resizing some photos with that program.

Must say, it works a treat. Very simple to install and easy to use, quite intuitive - at least for me anyways.

Thanks again for posting the link.

bogstandard

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 09:16:37 PM »
I forgot to mention, but the program remembers all your settings you have given it, so there is no need to reprogram each time.

It is perfect for me, as all the pics I use on the web are all the same size now.

Bogs

GrahamC

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 08:42:47 AM »
And, with your Wallace and Gromit watermark in the lower right corner!

<< edited - spelled Gromit incorrectly and had to right my wrong >>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:32:38 PM by GrahamC »

Offline khand

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 01:45:16 PM »
I was wondering what size do I convert my pictures to. I don't want them so big I have to move the picture around to see the whole thing but not so small where it looks like some tiny thumbnail. Also do I convert them to bitmap or one of the other things I have no idea what they are. Thanks.

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • Software For People Who Build Things
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 01:59:40 PM »
I generally resize mine to 600 x 800 pixels.  That seems to be a happy medium - large enough for us old codgers with poor eyesight to see clearly yet not so large as to require scrolling.

For example, here's a picture that was originally 2MB resized to a 600 x 800 40K file.

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline khand

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 02:10:29 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »
Also do I convert them to bitmap or one of the other things I have no idea what they are. Thanks.

.jpg is probably the most popular format, it's the one I tend to use and It's always worked well.

CC

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 03:08:12 PM »
And just to add ..........  I use this one

http://bluefive.pair.com/    download PIXresizer  :thumbup:

dead easy to use.

CC

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • Software For People Who Build Things
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 03:36:21 PM »
Another vote for Pixresizer.  That's what I use.

Though it's probably not a unique feature, Pixresizer has a nice bulk processing capability.  Put all the original pictures in folder A and set folder B to receive the resized product.  Then you can upload all of folder B to your favorite online storage location.  Resizer will remember the source and destination folders so the next time you want to do this it's all set up and basically all you have to do is click the button.
Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz