Author Topic: My metal shop (video)  (Read 4913 times)

Offline gbritnell

My metal shop (video)
« on: December 17, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »
Gentlemen, I have seen pictures of people's lathes and mills but not many shop walk throughs on video so I thought I would make one. This is my little corner of the basement. When we moved in I took the small corner between the steps and the outside wall, framed it, wired it and made my new shop. It's not huge but it has worked so far. The Logan and the mill had to be dismantled to get them down there and I'll let the next guy worry about getting them out.
George

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
Re: My metal shop (video)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 10:31:54 PM »
Thanks for sharing that George. I like the depth gauge on your lathe's tailstock. I might have to rig up one of those.
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 03:34:17 AM »
George

Thanks for showing us the video George. Looks like a nice setup and a nice place to spend those cold winter  days that are coming.  :ddb: :ddb:

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:30:38 AM »
Very nice walk through of your shop. It felt like I was there.  :thumbup:

I have a Bridgeport in the basement and I feel the same way. Let the next guy worry on how to get it out.  :lol:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »
Nice 'shop George  :dremel:

Very tidy!!   I feel a walk through my 'shop would end in disaster as I tripped over something and fell into a machine while trying to keep the camera steady  :lol:

That said, I could do a pirouette and show you my entire shop I suppose..... Still need to tidy it first, and brush up on my vocal skills!! (don't do much any talking on films)   ::)

Totally  :offtopic: I'm liking the new engine..... Very neat, from bar stock?  (saw some of your older works when I used to visit HMEM)

Very nice to see  :thumbup:

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!