Author Topic: Another Swinging Threading Tool  (Read 36635 times)

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Another Swinging Threading Tool
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2009, 09:24:51 AM »
Try to teach him to fish and quits.

He asked for his account to be closed and locked. I didn't like the answer I got when I asked why, So instead I banned him. I am tired of chasing people to get them to come back,

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2009, 09:54:29 AM »
Oh dear, I did send Twmaster a PM to suggest that he had taken John the wrong way ...

To anyone else it may concern:-

I do not believe John Stephenson would deliberately wish to upset anyone. You only have to look around the net to find Johns posts (everywhere) to realise that this is someone that will bend over backwards to help anyone, newby or otherwise and at times will give a huge helping hand when others of his calibre would turn their backs.

One thing I have noticed with John is that he will at times give you a poke instead of doing your homework for you ... if this happens to you, take a breath and "re-read" the post because the answer you are looking for will be in there in my exp :thumbup:
You just need to turn your brain to the next gear.

John, I apologies for speaking of you in the third person, but credit where it is due ....  and it certainly is due.... :thumbup:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 10:00:24 AM by Darren »
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2009, 01:22:11 PM »
The fact that Darren and John S made their own versions of what Bogs did in the space of a about a week showed what could be done, I thought John made a good point there, just reiterating what had been shown by the two build logs. I generally try not to get involved in these sorts of things but if somebody is going to take a constructive comment like that completely out of context maybe they should stick to reading the paper.

Nick

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »
I posted the tool I made over at the HSM forum, virtually a copy of what was posted here, overnight because of the time difference Gary Hart made one that was his interpretation of it from what he had handy.

Very different from what has gone before but still a variation of the swinging concept and I dare say many can recognise what it started life as,full marks to Gary for the design.

John S.
John Stevenson

Offline cedge

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2009, 03:11:10 PM »
John
Lacking any real way to express the intended tone of a comment within a post makes for this type of thing happening once in a while. I've been caught by the same trap myself when my comments were only meant in humor. Yes.... the comments could have been taken as somewhat harsh, but the content of your message was only giving the guy the truth. One size doesn't fit all, so drawings would have been of no value to him or anyone.

I hate to see anyone quit, but there really is no way of determining how thick another member's hide is until things like this occur. His hide was apparently already tissue thin and his fuse a bit short.

Go and sin no more....(grin)
Steve

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »
Wonderful stuff John ...

How long till we see that one in the catalogues ...............
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2009, 07:24:20 PM »
I'm liking all the interpretations of this tool..... specially liking the diversity!!!!  :jaw:

Sooner or later I'm going to have to have a go!!!

:dremel:

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline Davo J

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2009, 07:27:05 PM »
First of all great work on the swinging toolpost Darren. :nrocks:
I have been reading through this post each day, and don't think John was out of line. Like he said there are enough pictues and drawings in both posts to build one. If that fellow left because of that one comment, he's lucky he's not working in the industry, or he would be leaving every job as well.
Dave