Author Topic: 16 And Counting  (Read 4717 times)

Offline 75Plus

16 And Counting
« on: January 02, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »
On New Years eve I celebrated 16 blissful years of unemployment!! (Retirement) Looking forward to at least that many more.

Eat your hearts out you kids!

Joe

Offline usn ret

Re: 16 And Counting
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:37:18 PM »
1st liar never stands a chance...Started collecting my checks in 1988 :) :D
Cliff :beer:
If it isn't broken your not looking hard enough!

Offline capjak

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 12:51:44 PM »
I'm a babe in the woods compared to you guys. I retired the first time on June 1,1999 although I spent thirty-five years doing what I used to do as a hobby (flying airplanes). After a year of backpacking and doing some of the other things that my wife and I  had put off, I started building houses for Habitat for Humanity and then went to work for them in a paid capacity. A couple of years ago that stopped being fun and I pulled the plug on paid work for good. One thing that I have noticed is that it is now taking me longer and longer to get less done. My rate of pay for my machine work is now up to about ten cents per hour. I'm having a ball.

Offline trevoratxtal

• Torbay, South Devon, England
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 01:50:57 PM »
Capjak
Man you have it good, that is the way for all Mad Modders to slide out.( very slowly )
As the hourly rate gets less and the pleasure gets more the closer to heaven you will get. :nrocks:

I do not envy you as to do so would be crass, but I do so wish you well.
Enjoy
Trevor :D

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 03:54:23 PM »
On New Years eve I celebrated 16 blissful years of unemployment!! (Retirement) Looking forward to at least that many more.

Eat your hearts out you kids!

Joe

Ok, if my calculator is correct your at least 81? :jaw:

Some how I can't believe that. Were'd you learn how to use a computer so fast or are you just gifted.  :lol:

I reitred 10 years ago and will hit 59 this March. Unfortunally my reitrement was because the old pumper almost gave out.

Here's wishing you another 16 or more years of retirement. May they be enjoyable as the first 16.  :beer:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline 75Plus

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 04:30:58 PM »

Ok, if my calculator is correct your at least 81? :jaw:

Actually Bernd I will turn 75 the same month you turn 59. I was offered a very attractive "Buy Out" just prior to my 60th birthday. Took the money and ran. Never looked back in case they wanted their money back. :D :)

Joe

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 06:09:25 PM »
Ok, 75Plus  :doh: I now get it.

Yup, hope you enjoy another (enter number here) years of shear bliss.  :ddb:  :ddb:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Rog02

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »
Overheard a couple of the "regulars" at the coffee shop discussing their afternoon plans.

"What you going to do this afternoon, Hank?"

"Nothin'"

"Thought that was what you did yesterday afternoon?"

"I worked on it all day yesterday and never got done with it, so I'm going to work on it again today."

Just sayin'
Roger
Old, Tired, and Grumpy
Roger
I'm OLD, I'm TIRED, and I'M GRUMPY!

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 01:36:22 PM »
My grandpa always said "He woke up with nothin to do, And by lunchtime, he had it half done".
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...