Author Topic: Top Trends of 2010 for the US  (Read 2227 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Top Trends of 2010 for the US
« on: January 02, 2010, 03:33:09 PM »
You might have seen this guy on all of the cable news channels and broadcast channels. At one point in time or another. He was on fox today with his trend predictions for 2010.
Here is the link to one of his sites with some of his trend predictions
Trend Research Institute

Fearless ForecastFoxnews video So those that are anti-fox don't have to look and whine about! :jaw: :bugeye:

Depression Uplift is one area that may be of interest to people here.
Not Made in China is another of the ones that seems to have started with the sanctions, of tires and steel tubing. That are now going into place.

Mothers of Invention
The ongoing shock to the economic system is rebooting “Yankee ingenuity.”  The need to overcome the effects of reduced individual buying power will lead to the invention of a new class of product which will be a major trend of 2010 and into the future: “Technology for The Poor.”

Growing with the same speed as the Internet Revolution, the trend will be recognized, explored and exploited by legions of skilled but jobless geeks, innovators and inventors who will design and launch a new class of products and services affordable by millions of newly downscaled Western consumers......

Not Made in China

A “Buy Local/My Country First” backlash will be the first sign of what we forecast will become a massive, “circle-the-wagons” movement. We forecast a “Not Made in China” consumer crusade that will spread among developed nations, leading to trade wars and protectionism.

Craftspeople and small manufacturers that can establish a reputation for quality products will be able to build thriving micro-brands, while marketers who can amalgamate micro-cooperatives into true local commerce organizations will carve a solid niche for themselves......
:thumbup:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:16:50 PM by PTsideshow »
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen