Author Topic: Hand Cranked Organ winter project  (Read 50290 times)

Offline FLOPGUY

Re: Hand Cranked Organ winter project
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2011, 10:20:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I worry about such a complex subject translated from one language to another. If the translator is not very knowledgeable on the subject that things can get twisted or left out.

Offline ed in cny

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2012, 01:10:13 PM »
Power keg what's up with this build. I am new here and have found this site while searching for information on this same organ. I read through the posts and find that you have yet to make music with this build. I know life can come up on us and take our time but maybe you can give us an update on how this project is going.  :poke: :poke: :poke: :update:

Offline ed in cny

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 09:40:54 AM »
Powder Keg, I last posted on this in Feb this year wondering where you were on this build. You're work thus far has been clearly impressive. I too am building a busker organ myself and would enjoy having someone else to build with. I am along in the build having made the pipes, pressure box, bellows, trackerbar, and many other pieces. I am right now figureing out the drive system at this point. I have a drive shaft but it is clearly not up to your standards by any means. I will at some time make another one and instead of welding will thread it and I can clearly make that much better looking. I did have some setbacks with building somethings as I did not follow the plans to the letter. I too have had to improvise my building. So I now have a fairly modified organ. I hope that I have this playing music by Christmas but that is if I can keep making progress with it. I am right now making the clutch system. This has been a fun build and I can't wait to have that grin on my face when I can hear this thing play. I hope you haven't gotten board with the build and shelved it. If so I would hope that you pick it up and continue on. Your far enough along I would consider you past the hump and on the final leg to compleation. Hope you get back to us on your progress.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:54:12 AM by ed in cny »

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »
It has been shelved. But not for long. Work and life in general get in my way more than anything. I was looking at a couple parts a few days ago. I plan on getting it all out very soon. I have some neat plans I think:o) Thanks for the compliments:o)

~Wes~
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...