Author Topic: The Amateurs Lathe By L.H.Sparey  (Read 5610 times)

Offline ieezitin

The Amateurs Lathe By L.H.Sparey
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »
I look at this thread a lot,  and since P T Sideshow does a wonderful job of alerting us to great literature I thought I would like to share some of my own.

I was looking through my library looking for some information and I came across this book I have owned for years and I thought I would like to share with you this little gem of a work from L.H. Sparey. The Amateurs lathe. Its full of practical basic information for the beginner on working a metal lathe, his manor is very matter-of-fact way of explaining basic techniques, tools, machine accessories, principles, layout. It’s a well rounded pack of information relating to lathes and a  unique experience and a pleasure to read. Plus this guy is an old timer and knows all the tricks. Even an experienced machinist would learn a trick or two. Let me know what you think.

ISBN13 978 0852 288 5
Anthony.
If you cant fix it, get another hobby.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: The Amateurs Lathe By L.H.Sparey
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »
Good show, as this isn't my book forum the idea by Eric was to have one area that members could go to, to find some area of interested material. As this isn't just a engine or machining board. That is why some of the subject matter is a little different.

I started adding the photo's as some complained that they could only find other titles etc or editions.

The most important items to include are the Whole title on the book cover. The complete Name of the author. and at a minimum the ISBN number (International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a unique numeric commercial book identifier)

It does make it easier to locate on the net, as most sites have a search box for it as one type of look up.

I will include a great site for searching for books World wide no matter what country you are in.

Add all book search, All countries both as a buyer or the book sellers and can be converted into the local monetary unit
Then you can pick your favorite one or the lowest price, since used books are a very good deal. And some people think if its old and a 1st edition that it is atuomaticaly worth big bucks. :doh:
So dust off your bookshelves and add to the store of knowledge!
 :nrocks:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen