Author Topic: My wood travel case  (Read 5984 times)

Offline jpaul

My wood travel case
« on: February 19, 2010, 06:51:28 PM »
Last year I traveled and displayed a couple of my projects at a show. I made do with cardboard boxes and a milk crate which were not very accommodating. I vowed to do better and came up with:

My custom made crate

and the engine base

I have a couple of other engines needing the same line of treatment. Do you want to share your methods?
Paul
USA
Member of  So. Calif. Home Shop Machinists

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: My wood travel case
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:52:21 PM »
JPaul

Welcome to MadModders. That is a very nice crate that you have built for what looks to be a very fine engine as well. I am sure that I can speak for some of the others when I say that we would love to see more examples of your wood travel cases. As you know,  :worthless: and you have posted a few very nice ones. I look forward to seeing more when you have a chance. What type of equipment do you have in your shop?

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline jpaul

Re: My wood travel case
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »
Don,

Thank you very much.

I don't have any other travel cases.  I may build another Crate type case for the vertical single cylinder pictured as my avatar.

My shop equipment includes a 12X36 Enco lathe, Bridgeport M Head, round ram mill, Drill presses, pedestal grinders, band-saw, electric welders, and the usual assortment of support tooling.

I started machining as a hobby about nine years ago. My friend had a commercial machine shop. My friend encouraged me to get my own machines so that he could focus on his business. I have been entertaining myself and having fun ever since.
Paul
USA
Member of  So. Calif. Home Shop Machinists