Author Topic: New Forum member from France  (Read 5053 times)

Offline zeroaxe

New Forum member from France
« on: March 09, 2010, 06:29:37 PM »
 :wave:

Hello all,

New member here, joining the forum from France. Recent Chester Model B Super lathe owner(without the milling head attachment) but a long time DIY'er. Love to tinker with stuff. Often taking them apart and then taking AGES to put them back together again(just ask my VW Bug's engine :bugeye: )

Had a peek through some of the posts here.... amazing stuff that you are up to. Oh yes, before I forget, it is Bogstandard's post/s on another forum that brought me here.

I would like to start some of my own projects, so expect questions from me

And here is another hobby of mine:

My old workhorse(now retired and stripped in my garage after I sold it to bro-in-law and he pranged it  :( )

Another standing (restoration) project. Got two of them:

And my current whip:

So that's it from me for now......

Good evening!
So much to learn, so little time - Author Unknown

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: New Forum member from France
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
Hiya!

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Nice z1000! Another bike nut! Awesome.

Tell us about you VW?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:56:57 PM »
zeroaxe

Welcome to MadModder zeroaxe. If you have any questions don't be scared to ask. There is always someone around to give an answer or at least an opinion. You will find that a few of the members have a great interest in bikes. We would be interested in seeing any projects that you are up to. Remember, always keep the camera handy because  :worthless:.

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:36:45 AM »
Welcome to the collective.  :borg:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 01:28:12 PM »
Hi there  :wave: and welcome to the club, pull up a chair and join in the fun.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline zeroaxe

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 02:38:33 PM »
Hiya!

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Nice z1000! Another bike nut! Awesome.

Tell us about you VW?

Eric

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

I will try and post pics of my projects as I get along with them. I am normally trigger happy with my camera.

Eric,

Yes, a motorcycle fanatic, I am. MotoGP rules! Cant wait for this year's new 600cc class. Think it is going to be NUTS :headbang:

Well, wich VW do I begin with???.....

Let me count..... Erm.... total of 7 standing on my premises, and only 1 running at the moment(a 1303 Super Beetle, you know, the one with the curved windscreen)  :bugeye: :( And at the end of the month it should be gone(sold to a friend). Then I need to get my butt going and get '69-look Rat Beetle sorted. I am also at the moment trying to sell(get rid of) 2 Baywindows, LOADS of second hand spare parts AND a 11 window Combi Split! The Single Cab Transporter pick-up needs to find a new home too. Then.............I am only left with my 69-Look Rat and my '66 VW Fastback :headbang:

You want pics???  :D

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »

You don't really need to ask do you  :bugeye:

Welcome aboard mate, blimey 1303S .............. remember em' well ............... still sounded like a sowing machine though ............ but quick  :beer:

CC

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »

Yes, a motorcycle fanatic, I am. MotoGP rules! Cant wait for this year's new 600cc class. Think it is going to be NUTS :headbang:

MotoGP will be insane this year. Believe it is going to be a 3 way again... Rossi, Stoner and Lorenzo. Money is on Rossi, though a side bet on Lorenzo is due.

A little disappointed in the single engine bit with the 600cc class. A member (his company rather) was doing a 600cc frame and FFE designed around a different engine (a twin) for Moto2. The new rules pushed them out. Oh well. Anxious to see how it all plays out.

Of course we want pics.  :thumbup:

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline zeroaxe

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 03:34:33 PM »

MotoGP will be insane this year. Believe it is going to be a 3 way again... Rossi, Stoner and Lorenzo. Money is on Rossi, though a side bet on Lorenzo is due.

A little disappointed in the single engine bit with the 600cc class. A member (his company rather) was doing a 600cc frame and FFE designed around a different engine (a twin) for Moto2. The new rules pushed them out. Oh well. Anxious to see how it all plays out.

Of course we want pics.  :thumbup:

Eric

Because Rossi is who he is, and as good as he is..... I have to bet on the 'under dog/s'  :D I am always for the "unfavorite" to win. So my money (if I had any to bet) would be split between Stoner, Lorenzo and Milandri. I am a huge Ducati fan. I am also a huge Milandri fan(as you can see, I am fond of 'Kwackers', and was just in AWE with what Milandri managed last year as a sole rider on a Kawasaki, who gave no official backing/support :bugeye:). At first, I didnt like Lorenzo's attitude and behavoir. Way too arrogant. But he grew on me, watching him in post race interviews and general behavior 'off track'. He won my respect. His shinanigans on track is just a different version of Rossi. You HAVE to b confident to be on top, so I will give him that. This year he can realy shake things up, and even walk away with the title...... IF ....... he doesnt get desperate and start doing stupid things! (Did I mention just HOW impressed I was with his skill last year at Le Mans????  :bugeye: :bow: I will be track side again this year! GOT to hear those 600s scream!!!

It is a good thing I think about the 'one brand' engines. Kinda keep a wrap on the budget and also 'level playing field'. HOWEVER, I am also disappointed (and sorry for the forum member who lost out on the deal) in a way that there couldnt be more manufacturers in the race(pardon the pun).

So yes, this year's 600s are going to be NUTS. There are just SO MUCH talent! :bugeye: :headbang:

Offline zeroaxe

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »
You want pics???  :D

You don't really need to ask do you  :bugeye:

Welcome aboard mate, blimey 1303S .............. remember em' well ............... still sounded like a sowing machine though ............ but quick  :beer:

CC

Hehe, just had to check you know. Dont want to come in as a newbie and hog bandwidth  :lol:

Here is the 1303:

Here is my 'baby'...... My pride and joy, even if it has been standing for the last 3 years  :(

This is my Combi SPlit project, but reluctantly, I have to sell it again. And I havent even touched it yet since I got it last summer :(

I also have a Baywindow:

And another....

And a MOUNTAIN of second hand parts laying all over the place! Last time I counted, I had 8 spare motors in my garage  :jaw:

Ok, I will stop with the spamming now :)

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 05:27:44 PM »

Is that a VW Variant?

Years & years ago, Dad had a Variant estate. A lovely looking car, as I recall, unfortunately it set itself on fire one day :(
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline zeroaxe

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 05:55:17 PM »
A lot of people call it a Variant. But in the 'scene' these days, it is mainly refered to as a Fastback.

Then you have the Squareback:

And lastly the Notchback:

I had one of these (modified with an Alfa Romeo 1.8L motor in the back. I bought it like that). Loved that car!!!

All three of these cars are commonly refered to as "VW Type 3's".......