Author Topic: Mile-hi Howdy  (Read 3011 times)

Offline BigBore

Mile-hi Howdy
« on: March 18, 2010, 06:49:14 PM »
Well Hi Y'all.

I'm a "wanna be real bad" kinda guy. I've been a HMEM member for a few months and have seen so many references to this site I figured that I would lurk awhile. I recognized a bunch of the names here and also recognized that there were other diverse projects and views on things so I signed up. I'm retired and have been a woodworker for 30 years and am now fulfilling a life-long desire to make models of engines. Specifically, I am fascinated with the engines of Elmer and Rudy, so that is probably where I'll start after trying a basic oscillator like the EZ or the LMS kit.

I'm saving my "allowance" from my working wife and hope to get a lathe in June. (I hope I hope I hope) I'm leaning towards the PM1127-VF for the moment.

Looking forward to the learning curve and making some swarf sooner than later.

Ed

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Mile-hi Howdy
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »
Hi Ed!

Welcome to the collective :borg:

This is a good place to learn and share all kinds of things! Would love to see some of your woodworking.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:43:36 PM »
Ed

Welcome to MadModder Ed. I'm glad you came over to have a look see. We're friendly and like lots of pictures when the opportunity presents itself. That's why we have this  :worthless: as a gentle reminder. Good luck on getting the better half to buy you a lathe so you can make chips with the boys. As Red Green would say, "I'm pulling for you".  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline usn ret

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 11:24:47 PM »
Ed. welcome to the ward err collective. Being retired has its perks, sleeping late? Doing what you want when you want/? Yeh, sure if you like cold sholder and sharp tounge for meals!!!! On the other hand retirement might afford you time to check out machinist classes at a local Community College to gain knowledge and experience on the states dime.  WELCOME ABOARD :nrocks:
Cliff
If it isn't broken your not looking hard enough!

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 03:37:50 AM »
Hi Ed :wave: welcome aboard the good ship madmodder.

I echo the call for seeing more about your woodworking exploits cos  :worthless: :lol:

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 09:22:19 AM »
Welcome to the collective Ed.  :borg:

Glad you came over to see what's going on. As Eric said all projects are fair game here, not just engines. I'm a bit of a woodworker to. Presently building the wifes kitchen. Wish I could make it out of metal. Much easier to hold tolerences than in wood.  :lol: Although stainless steel would be cost prohibative.

Hope you get your lathe.

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds