Author Topic: Cheese Head Hello  (Read 5522 times)

Offline 1hand

Cheese Head Hello
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:37:48 PM »
Hello from the land of Cheese! I'm Matt, and been lurking around here since Dec.
I just started with a lathe and mill a year ago. Been mostly working on tooling and tinkering on the machines.
I used to be into RC car racing a few years ago till I lost my left arm at work, So my main reason for Learning how to machine was for making different prosthestic devices to make things a little easier for me.

Matt

Offline BigBore

Re: Cheese Head Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 11:51:30 PM »
Hey Matt!

Nice to see you here also. I guess I can run, but I can't hide from you!  :wave:

Ed

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:28:42 AM »
Matt

Welcome to MaModders Matt. I have read some of your posts on the other forum so am a bit familiar with some of the things you are trying to do. If you have any questions feel free to ask as there is always someone around to answer or at least offer an opinion. I mess around with RC cars  a bit myself sometimes. Perhaps as you get into some of your projects you can show us a bit of what they are about as long as you don't give any trade secret away.  :D :D

:mmr:

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:30:23 AM »
Hi Matt

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Glad to have you aboard. We love to answer questions!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline 1hand

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:46:45 AM »
Thanks guys,

I was just granted my patent last week on the wrist I been trying to build over the last year. Its a 4 directional wrist that also rotates on both ends and has a quick change that will acept a bunch of different tools, and of course my favorite fishing pole. It has a posible 18,000 different lockable postions you can put it in.

Cheers Matt

PS...Any chance of adding a spell check here when you post?

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 01:01:20 AM »
Matt

Congratulations on getting your patent approved and granted. I thought that it would take quite a bit longer than that.  :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:

Now you will be able to move ahead with the next part of your plan to get it manufactured and sold. I can see where there may not be enough hours in a day for you in the next little while. I wish you the best of luck with this project.  :) :)

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 03:35:30 AM »
Hi there Matt :wave: Welcome to the club.

Very happy to hear you have got the patent granted, I hope that you have great success with your venture.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 09:31:55 AM »
Welcome to the collective Matt.  :borg:

Glad to see you signed up. A big congradulations on your patent. I didn't think it would go that fast or easy for you. I was one that was a bit of a skeptic when I first read your thread on doing this. Now that I see what you've done and what your idea is I think it's brilliant.

Oh and the spell checker. Don't worry I can't spell either. Eric promises to have one once he get's this place wipped into shape. So in the mean time you'll just have to use the old paper version.  :D or type it up in a words processor and then paste it here.

Again glad you signed up.

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
I just started with a lathe and mill a year ago.
I was just granted my patent last week on the wrist I been trying to build over the last year.

Matt, you've just been granted a patent? And those pics are of your prototype, produced within a year of starting with a lathe and a mill? And you only have half as many hands as I do?

:jaw: That's one hell of an achievement! May your efforts be rewarded, and your tribe increase.

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 02:16:55 PM »

I was just granted my patent last week on the wrist I been trying to build over the last year. Its a 4 directional wrist that also rotates on both ends and has a quick change that will acept a bunch of different tools, and of course my favorite fishing pole. It has a posible 18,000 different lockable postions you can put it in.

Bloody hell, Matt, that's an incredible piece of kit, and an incredible achievement getting the patent too - I was led to believe (especially in the US) that patents took forever & cost $$$$. So I'd just like to add my voice to Andy's - what you have achieved is amazing.

Now, what's the maximum cutter speed in that wrist of yours? I assume it does rotate, right?  :dremel:  :lol:
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline 1hand

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »
I'm sorry, but It's a provisonal patent "Patent Pending" which gives me a 12 months to cough up the the big bucks for the real deal. Also gives me a chance to get it out and get some feed back without a chance of some body stealing my Idea.

Sorry for the miss info. I'm still pretty excited though when I got the letter from the PTO that had the filing number with my Idea.

Matt

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 04:34:24 AM »
Welcome to the collective Mat!  :thumbup:

Wonderful work, achieved in very little time..... Well done!  :clap:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!