Author Topic: Myford Slotting Tool  (Read 7759 times)

Offline mickn

Myford Slotting Tool
« on: March 29, 2010, 11:51:56 AM »
Hi,
I saw a video on youtube. It showed a guy named Malcolm Parker-Lisberg who had made a keyway slotter. I was so impressed with this I thought I would have a crack at this project myself. I have cut keyways before on my lathe and
using the tool set in the toolpost and winding the carriage backwards and forwards but this idea puts no strain on the  machine. This little film shows the method I used.Before anyone asks the round thing with the bolt sticking out of is a wooden bung to stop swarf etc whilst the toolpost is out.
Regards Mick

Rob.Wilson

Re: Myford Slotting Tool
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 02:57:58 PM »
Hi mickn 

Great job   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: i made one last year . Here is a photo of a doodad i make to do some quick indexing from the bull wheel . so i could cut multipl key ways .

Cheers Rob

Offline mickn

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 04:33:22 PM »
Hi Rob,
Thats a great idea, I didn't think of that, but what I did was to make another plate which the slotter bolts to and it brings the centreline up so that I can use it on my mill with the rotary table.
 Mick

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 05:26:10 PM »
Cheers Mick

Its ok for numbers that go into 60 , i plan to make another attachment that fits the bull wheel so i can get more divisions  :proj: , your way sounds good  :med:

Regards Rob