Author Topic: Metals and how to Weld them  (Read 3916 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Metals and how to Weld them
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:01:16 AM »
Metals and how to Weld them
by T B Jefferson and Gorham Woods
J F Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation
hard cover
copyright ©1962
16th printing
LCCCN 54-2508
Foundations web sitehttp://www.jflf.org/

Another book from the foundation, that is filled with an unbelievable amount of welding information. For a low price $10.00 plus shipping.
Covers safety practices for welding of all types. Goes over some of the history of metal working and joining. discusses the mechanical properties of metals. Then moves on to the in depth discussions of the other properties that are good and bad for the weldability of metals.

Covering ferrous metals and their material characteristics. Then the non-ferrous metals. Each chapter has a new word definitions at the end to cover any new words which were used in the chapter. Photos,drawing and charts are included were needed.

The basics of metallurgy, metallurgy and heat treating, metallurgy and welding are all covered.

Welding of low-carbon steel,medium-carbon steel,high-carbon steels. Alloy steels,cast iron,stainless steels and high chromium alloys. Austenitic Manganese Steel and finishing with welding the non ferrous metals. Each has a complete chapter with all of the pertinent data.

It then moves on to Hardsurfacing, welding tool and die steels and exotic metals some of which I have never heard of.

It finishes up with a chapter on goods welds and how to make them.
Gives the problem, then the causes and how to cure it as a quick trouble shooting guide.

It also has a very complete metallurgical and welding dictionary. And the finishes the book with a detailed index so what you need to find can be easily located.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen