Author Topic: My yearly spring job  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
My yearly spring job
« on: May 14, 2010, 05:58:52 PM »
That means opening the cottage up on the river. Going up this weekend. Be back to check in Sunday night.

So you guys play nice now while I'm gone. :lol:

Just remembered, I haven't finished my rescue boat project. Dang. :(

To many projects and not enough time. ::)

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: My yearly spring job
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
The cottage part sounds fun. How close to the river?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 05:27:15 PM »
Hi Bernd
 :worthless: thats all i can say  :) :) :) :) :)

Regards Rob

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »
Ok Eric and Rob. pictures on the way.

Bernd

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 09:31:02 PM »
Ok, found a few of the old place. We got a much newer park model camper last year. I can't find any pics of it on my computer. I think the wife has got some somewhere. So These older ones will have to do for now. I'll take some up to date ones on Memorial Day.

This was taken in the fall. It's the last day at camp and we're just getting ready to go. This is the veiw at the end of the short driveway that our camper is on. This not a veiw we have. If you have river front veiwing the rent is higher.
It's only about 100 feet or so from our camper to this dock. That's the St Lawerence River in the upper left hand corner.

Another view in the same direction, just a bit more to the left from the previous photo. Straight out to the top of the pic is the River, as we like to call it.

This from the dock looking toward our camper. It's up behind that brown building that looks like an outhouse. So not to far to the water. That's the wife checking for fish.

And this is our old camper. It's 24 feet long.

I'm going to try and get more pics when we go up in two weeks. For you guys that like hot and fast boats the time to be up here is when the have the America's Poker run. Check these two sites out and you see when they say "Thunder on the River" and why.

Thunder on the River

Just click on any of the images that say Thunder.

Here's is a site that will give you a bit of insite as to what it takes to build a sport power boat using twin helicopter engines.

Turbine Marine

Have fun.

Oh by the way. Looks like I better start on my "Rescue Boat" project again. A new guy had a model boat and got a run in before he had to go into 45 degree water to retreive it because it died on him. It had a weed eater engine in it.

Looks like another fun summer playing with the boats, both the real ones and the toys. Hard to tell them apart, that' according to the wife's.  :lol:

Bernd

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
Hi Bernd

That looks a great place to hang out on the water  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So was there any fish ? :)

Regards Rob  :thumbup:

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »
Rob,

I've seen some large fish. So yes there are. In the spring the minnows can be seen. We usally feed them bread. Fun to watch them fight over a morsel of bread.

People fish and then clean and freeze them. Then at the end of the season the fishermen among the camp have a large fish fry. Talk about good tasting fish.  :beer:

I don't fish, never have and never will. No interest.  :) I'd rather be running a model boat or the personal water craft around. Much more fun. :ddb:

Bernd