Author Topic: Beaver mill DRO  (Read 5996 times)

Offline cozy

Beaver mill DRO
« on: April 16, 2010, 08:28:49 PM »
I finally buckled to temptation and bought a 3 axis DRO for the Beaver...

Mounted the console...

...then moved onto the X axis (the easiest!) ...

Then moved onto the Y axis, (almost as easy) ...

Haven't finished the Z axis yet - it is somewhat more involved to fit!

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Beaver mill DRO
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:41:30 PM »
So far so good! My mill isnt anywhere as big nor is DRO as nice, but you will not regret having it!

Keep the pictures coming.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Davo J

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 02:30:56 AM »
Nice DRO, who sells the Tech one?
Just a tip, a lot of people including myself use jacking screws in the aluminium backing strip to get it aligned to the axis, 2 metric 4 or 5mm grub screws top and bottom on each end makes life easy when setting them up.
Also did you give any thought to the scale on the front of the table to save loosing travel?
Dave

Offline cozy

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
Nice DRO, who sells the Tech one?
Just a tip, a lot of people including myself use jacking screws in the aluminium backing strip to get it aligned to the axis, 2 metric 4 or 5mm grub screws top and bottom on each end makes life easy when setting them up.
Also did you give any thought to the scale on the front of the table to save loosing travel?
Dave

No jacking screws needed for X and Y, just carefull setting with a dial gauge ... Z on the other hand will probably be using jackng screws!

Not really enough space on the table front, with the gib strip screws (not that you need access to them for years), and X locks, and feed limit switches to mount also...

I bought it off Ebay from Singapore - quick delivery to, posted on the monday, arrived on the thursday! I was a little worried about buying them, but now the X and Y are set up, (and have been used in anger so-to-speak), I have been very impressed with the ease of mounting, setting up, accuracy, and ease of operation.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 11:03:12 AM by cozy »

Offline cozy

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 06:44:57 AM »
Z axis fitted...

Just need to fit the cover/gaurd.