Author Topic: Is it empty yet?,propane cylinder indicator gauge  (Read 2123 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Is it empty yet?,propane cylinder indicator gauge
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:10:11 AM »

First let me say I know there are others ways of telling how much is still in the bottle. The point of this post is for information about these new gauges that have come up on the scene. For those that, will only see the photo's and not read the post,and then go off on their tangent save your typing.

My Dad is 85 YEAR'S OLD he walks with a cane the cylinder is bungy corded to rack on the cart. My bottle is located under the shelf on the deck in the corner. It is VERY inconvenient to lift the bottle other than getting down on all fours to move it out and then lift.

It is so much easier just to look down after opening the valve.

Besides the cylinder is supposed to be secured for safety. This "DISCLAIMER" is due to the verbal assault on another forum, about these devices.

They are great for knowing how much gas is left, you are doing a critical heat for forging, and don't what to run out!

Is it empty yet? they have finally come up with something that works for an easy look and see what is in the propane cylinder. They are on sale everywhere recently. I missed them at the local version of Wally World, Meijers they had them on sale clearance for under $15.99

My dad had seen them there and asked if I could pick one up. For the new grill we got them for his birthday and Fathers day. I had seen them at HF for the last couple of weeks. and at all the stores that sell the BBQ grills and equipment.

Harbor Freights Item # 66940 is $19.99 with the ever present coupon 20% off i picked one up for him and myself.

This one and all the others all appear to be made in the same factory and about the only thing that is different is the packaging, gauge face style and the price. From a low of $12.99 (they were out didn't know if they could get more. I suspect that they were priced wrong as the store isn't know for deals or low prices.) to a high of $39.99

They appear to be made well and it held pressure in the line, from the bottle to the regulator valve, after the bottle valve was closed.

It beats lifting the bottle if you are getting older, (dad is 85) or the bottle is under the corner shelf that the grill is on, which is on the deck.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

MrFluffy

Re: Is it empty yet?,propane cylinder indicator gauge
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:49:08 AM »
We have one on the bottle of our motorhome lpg cylinder. Like you describe the cylinder is all strapped in tight as a drum so a handy little gauge is just the ticket for my wife to see if we need more gas before heading out.
It was on there when we got the motorhome, but Id fit a like for replacement if it ever went bad.