Author Topic: Future Projects  (Read 8821 times)

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Future Projects
« on: September 08, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »
I have no start date on these as I am designing parts for motorcycles while trying to work full time. I am putting together a list of things I am going to do or start doing over the next couple of years.

1. a reverse street trike. Think along the lines of the T-rex. Not sure how I want to power it. It doesn't have to be the fastest thing in the world, just fun. I have even been debating electric. By the time I start this, some improvements should have been made in the battery world.

2. An alternative front end bike. say bye bye to the standard forks in the front. Thinking of a hossack style front end.

3. An all out from the ground up custom cafe bike. Pick an engine, build a frame around it. The Yamaha XS that i am building is going to be the test platform for a lot of my ideas.

4. I have a steam engine or sterling engine project lined up... thats top secret for a little while any way :) No, I am not trying to solve the worlds energy crisis. Think ART!

5. I really want to build an autocross car...

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Future Projects
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 02:05:15 PM »
Oh yeah... and got this really insane stupid idea for an underwater scooter for when i go diving. sometimes I think I am brain dead...
Science is fun.

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:17:28 PM »
Sounds good to me Eric, just Watch out for the sharks!!!

The bike stuff is not my kind of thing really... Don't get me wrong, I am always interested in the design and construction..... Just scared to death of the damn things!!!  :o

I have crap balance and know I would meet my end on such a device!

I know you will still build what you do and I will still pass judgement on it  ;)

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 02:47:20 PM »
...and I will still pass judgement on it  ;)

Ralph.

I don't expect anything less.

eric
Science is fun.

Offline backyard_cnc

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:09:41 AM »
Eric,

Check out the SPYDER by BOMBARDIER, here in Canada. The people that give us neat jets and SKI DOO'S. It's a 3 wheeled crotch rocket with 2 wheels up front!Loads of info on the net but this link wull give you a few pics to look at!

Enjoy and wipe off your chin, the drool is not becoming a grown man!

Gerald

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2007/03/03/canam-spyder/

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 09:58:24 AM »
How about something like this? Roadstercycle

Wes
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
Those are very cool! However, I am thinking of a ride in rather than a ride on. Kinda like this:

LINK HERE
Science is fun.

bogstandard

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 08:49:37 PM »
These are truly wonderful machines, I just wish I was a lot younger.

Unfortunatley they aren't quite an original concept, why not visit where they all started from in this configuration, and became a world famous mark.

http://www.mtwc.co.uk/

These oldies are still competing and winning hill climbs because of their handling and speed characteristics, big motor, small vehicle.

Have a good look around the gallery.

John

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 11:20:33 PM »
Brass Machine

Here is another idea for when you get around to building your dream machine. :wave:

Cheers

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 01:03:03 PM »
Funny you should mention the T-Rex (Or I just got around to reading this thread)

I picked up a Kawasaki ZX-9 with a little work already done to it.. for 600 Bucks because it was a stunt bike and the fairings are very beat up.
Bike made 143.7 to the rear wheel a week before I got it.

I have been looking at it.. and seriously trying to decide if I am gonna put it back to clean street shape, or.... make a trike.

(My wife and I made a deal when we got together that I would stop riding bikes after.. well a lot of.... dumb things I did. Lets leave it at that. And a trike is ok by her.. if its a drive in.)
SPiN Racing

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 02:21:19 PM »
You and me both on the dumb things.  :lol:

SWMBO however, rides as well. In fact, that is how we met. So motorcycles will never be outlawed. I have been in quite a few serious accidents that have almost done me in. They were all in Florida when I lived there! Hit by 2 different drunk drivers.

I am in the middle of designing the trike frame now. I hope to gather the cash to start it this spring.

The 9 engine is a stout bullet proof motor, quite good for adaption into a trike or bike engined car. I would go through the engine before using it in anything first because of the 'former stuntbike' status. Those guys tend to run the wheelies for a long time starving the engine of oil.

Make a trike. We could collaborate on the frame design.

Eric
Science is fun.