Author Topic: A deal for Model ship/boat builders in the US only(sorry)  (Read 2164 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
A deal for Model ship/boat builders in the US only(sorry)
« on: June 29, 2010, 07:28:22 AM »
A deal for US Model ship/boat builders in the US only(sorry). The Hamilton book company deals mostly in overstocks, remainders and returns. In the last flyer they sent out here was two great books at even better prices.
THE SHIP MODEL BUILDER'S HANDBOOK.

Item #7436858
 Price $5.95

SCALE MODEL SHIP PROPULSION.

Item #170253X
Price $5.95

Both are by Tom Gorman

The first one is paperback and the second is a hard cover, Both are imports from our English cousins.

If you are new in the model boat RC area. There are a lot of terms for the types of propulsion systems and other things in the model boats. That can confuse you if you don't have a clue. I haven't hard a chance to do anything other than page thru them slowly. And wow best under $20.00 bucks I have spent in a while.

Here are two others they currently have in stock

Now some are new books, most aren't

When I read them I will post them in the books section.

They tend not to last long at this place as they might have 5copies or they might have 500?
 :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: A deal for Model ship/boat builders in the US only(sorry)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:58 AM »
Nowhere near as cheap as that, but it and other model ship-building books can be found in the UK at http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/search?searchTerm=Model+ship&search=%3CSPAN%3E%3CEM%3EFind%26nbsp%3Bbook%3C%2FEM%3E%3C%2FSPAN%3E .
They carry a number of model engineering books, too, and their prices include wordwide shipping

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short