Author Topic: new from old  (Read 2915 times)

Baldrocker

new from old
« on: June 13, 2010, 07:09:04 AM »
What with ebikes from wrecked scooters, swivel height adjustable seats, refurbished drill presses, etc etc do I detect a
renewed passion for repurpuseing (sic) perhaps we need a new forum entitled "I told you it would come in useful sometime" perhaps.

Offline ieezitin

Re: new from old
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 04:18:14 PM »
Bald rocker.

I have a passion for making old once productive items and turn them into new pieces, especially power generation.

I would like to see a section on this forum devoted to old to new too. I would relish in the fact that just that topic would seed ideas for everyone to enjoy and ponder.

We are a Modders forum, Modding and tweaking is our forte. Hope this gets noticed.

Anthony.
If you cant fix it, get another hobby.

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:46:14 PM »
Noticed. New board added. Let's see who will make the 1st post.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 08:18:40 PM »
Kool to bad, I have posted most of the recent projects under other headings. It should prove a useful location for those where should I put this one questions. :scratch:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline SKIPRAT

• Gainsborough Lincolnshire England
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:11:22 AM »
As you all may know i have this passion for collecting junk ( well stuff that has not found it's rightful purpose yet!! ) so i was in the yard today looking at my collection of 4 mobility scooters i have accquired the main fault with them is failed batteries they have loads of useful parts on them such as hefty 24v dc motors transaxles and motor control gear. An idea came to me seeing as the scooters did split in half i could use the rear deck and drive train to make a pusher trailer for my bicycle to ease the load on my weary old legs methinks i shall have to start a thread on my progress. :proj:  

Cheers Paul
One Mans Junk Is Another Man's Treasure G6FOW

Baldrocker

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:44:53 PM »
Hey Skiprat
Let us know how a push trailer goes for you.
I tried it but found that it could jack-knife if the ground was
wet going around corners, interested to see your remedy, found the trailer ok as a battery carrier.
Cheers
br