Author Topic: Been a while.. My RX-7  (Read 6688 times)

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
Been a while.. My RX-7
« on: September 06, 2014, 10:28:23 PM »
Hi All,
Its been quite a few years since I have been active. Not a lot of projects going on other than work and work.

However, my sons who are 18 and 20 gave me a hard time earlier this year, and wanted me to take a 1986 RX-7 from the side of the house, that I used to do time attack with, and build a motor, install it, and tune it for a event in the mountains of North Carolina/Tennessee at Deals Gap.

So.. we pulled the car, changed, the entire front and rear suspension, differential, axles, brakes, transmission. And then I built a motor in a weekend, (I already had all the new rebuild parts/seals/springs etc, and had done all the port work). After install and a couple days of wiring for a Wolf 3D V4 ecu, and voila.

The exhaust is a bit loud. Its tuned like a 2 stroke bike, but its, 2 2" diameter pipes collected into a single 3", which feeds directly into a 3" race muffler. Needless to say.. its painfully loud.

Performance.. is.. astonishing. The car weighs appx 1600-1700 pounds, and lets just say in excess of 300 to the ground. It also has a 4:88 LSD. So it uses the power well.

13B 6-Port engine, with some additional tricks, and essentially a Bridge port.

:worthless:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 10:40:46 PM by dsquire »
SPiN Racing

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Been a while.. My RX-7
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »
Spin

So that is some of what you have been up too. Looks like it should be a goood runner. Glad to have you back.  :D

I fixed the youtube link up for you.

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 11:45:18 PM »
Oh yes.. work got busy.. sons became driving age, so had to buy them BOTH cars.. (both wanted 1985 RX-7s, and we found two nice examples)

Just keeping at it. Had to put some side projects on back burners.. but hoping to be able to devote more time to things in the garage.

(Thanks for fixing the link!)
SPiN Racing

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 05:14:39 PM »
Hey Spin,

Glad to see you still alive!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 04:19:32 PM »

Hi Spin what a great and interesting video.

Good luck   David