Author Topic: Steam water feed injectors  (Read 26619 times)

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: Steam water feed injectors
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 02:32:04 PM »
 :bow: I'll second that!  :bow:  :clap: :clap:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline chipenter

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2015, 03:34:08 PM »
I kept snapping the ends of the reamers finished up with loads of them , collets helped a lot to keep everything lined up .
Jeff

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2015, 03:44:46 AM »
I kept snapping the ends of the reamers finished up with loads of them , collets helped a lot to keep everything lined up .

I broke one D bit, at my first attempt I was gripping it in the drill chuck, so a swapped to using them floating I had no more trouble after that.

In the tool room where I served my apprenticeship, we use to make 400 plus bullet dies a week (that's bullets as in bang) the dies were tools steel and they were all cut using bullet shaped D bits and they were always used with a floating holder, and we had a oil stone to keep them sharp, you could make a batch of 50 with just one D bit, these were  ground up from tool steel, we had our own hardening shop so the dies and D bits were hardened and tempered in house. Now the bullet dies are from tungsten with the form spark eroded in.

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline chipenter

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2015, 02:12:50 PM »
Made the last reamers from HSS steel using a toolpost grinder , they worked the best and were a lot quicker to make , bragging rights have a problem in that two peple have said now you make them you can have a look at mine .
Jeff