Author Topic: Easy and simple Build waste oil burner parts and construction how to.  (Read 6375 times)

Offline glumpy

Following a good response to my simple spray burner vid, I have done another one detailing how the thing is made and built.

There are a few burner plans on the net but I am frankly amazed at the amount of over complication, expense and difficulty in constructing them.
This one is very easy to build and uses a few fittings all of the same type that are cheap to buy and easy to get.  They just screw together with no machining needed.

This burner would suit a variety of uses from metal melting to heating or drying. It's not overly high powered and does require an air compressor but is very easy to light on straight veg oil. Pretty much any combustible liquid can be used from Veg and engine oil to Diesel, used paint thinners or turps or whatever else you have.

As explained in the vid, the burner uses ordinary brass 1/4" compression fittings. There are no special or expensive nozzles or anything else to buy you couldn't get at a plumbing or HVAC place. The fuel tank could easily be made from an old gas tank or extinguisher bottle of whatever size you have.
The burner will run from about 5 PSI up. The more pressure you run, the bigger the fire you get, the more heat to perform the work you need!    :beer:

Hope people find it useful.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:53:12 PM by Stilldrillin »

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
Re: Easy and simple Build waste oil burner parts and construction how to.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:48:00 AM »
So simple but yet effective. =)
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Offline jcs0001

Re: Easy and simple Build waste oil burner parts and construction how to.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 04:33:46 PM »
Glumpy

Thanks for posting that - looks pretty simple.  Will it work without a flare tube, outside of a furnace?

John.