Author Topic: Another hello from Canada (west coast)  (Read 2492 times)

Offline jcs0001

Another hello from Canada (west coast)
« on: August 31, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »
I have been surfing through the older posts and really found them enjoyable (learned a lot also).  I have a taig mill (small but accurate) and have just upgraded from two older lathes to an almost new 10x22 King Canada (pretty much the same as the Grizzly 10x22.  It is a real treat to use as now I know when I am making mistakes - with the other two lathes I was never sure.  Also have a 4x6 horizontal/vertical band saw and a lot of decent wood working tools.

Am in the process of adapting tooling to the new lathe as it is very likely to be a "keeper".  Most of what I do is fix various household items and tools and make some tooling for the mill and lathe.  My woodworking has been more "practical" in that I have made quite a few things from furniture to shelves, boxes etc.

Thanks for the great articles and items on this board.

John.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Another hello from Canada (west coast)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 08:57:02 PM »
John

Welcome to MadModder John. Sounds like you have a fair workshop on the go there. We are glad to have you on here and hope that you continue to see things that you like. If you have any questions just ask as there is always someone around to answer or at least give an opinion. We look forward to seeing some of your future projects as you have time.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best