Author Topic: Auzzie53  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Auzzie53

Auzzie53
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »
Helloo all I gues the Auzzie give away where I am from, having visited the site a couple of times I though it right I should join, luckily I am old enough to go both ways metric or imperial, I have just into model engineering and in the process of setting up a workshop. I do have a background both as a motor mechanic then as an instrument fitter in the RAAF, so I am interisted in all forms of models

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Auzzie53
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »
Hiya Auzzie53!  :wave:

Setting up the workshop can be as fun (or as frustrating) as building models. Keep us informed as you go along... with pictures of course!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »
Auzzie53

Hi and welcome to MadModder Auzzie53. Good to see someone that can swing both ways with the measurement system, some people let it beat them before they even get started. I am sure that you will find this a very interesting group from around the world and including lots of fellow Auzzie's. If you have any questions just ask as their is usually someone around to answer or at least give an opinion.  :ddb:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline lennard

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
Hi Auzzie53,
I'm a new member too! and live in Gippsland, Vic. Where are you?
lennard

Offline Sorekiwi

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 09:12:49 PM »
Welcome Digger!

I was lucky enough to do my apprenticeship with guys that worked in imperial measurements, but at school they taught us metrics.  So I got plenty of experiance in both, although 16 years in the US has made my metrics a little "rusty".

Looking forward to hearing about the adventures setting up the new shop!
Mike, expat Kiwi in NE Ohio, USA