Author Topic: Site Timeout  (Read 5261 times)

Offline trevoratxtal

• Torbay, South Devon, England
Site Timeout
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:01:02 AM »
Hello to all
One of the consequences of having a successful forum  site is the time taken for the server to reply to a request.
Madmodder.net has just reached the critical size where some browsers time out ( Firefox, Opera, Seamonkey and possibly more)
I have reached and are able to type this using 6 year old copy of Firefox, the time out on it are considerably longer due possibly for old type modems , I could be wrong.
  The point is this, it now a problem and I do not know how to correct it.
The Simply machines forum software is excellent, (I use it myself) but I suspect it is to slow to cope with the expanding site.
If anyone can help, apart from here on this topic please email me in case I cannot get back.
Many thanks
Trevor
E male ! trevoratxtal @ aol. co.uk    ( close gaps please)

PS I have since been able to access by uping some times in about:config in a later firefox.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:22:44 AM by trevoratxtal »

Offline cidrontmg

Re: Site Timeout
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »
You might try Google Chrome for a browser. Firefox is all right, Opera is rather "heavy", but Chrome is clearly faster than the two (no experience about Seamonkey). Itīs smaller in size, consumes less machine resources, etc. And of course free.
Another thing is, madmodder has experienced some problems, its been sluggish for some days, and yesterday it was down all day. So donīt despair, it wasnīt you alone if you had big trouble yesterday  :D
 :wave:
Olli
Penafiel
Portugal

Offline trevoratxtal

• Torbay, South Devon, England
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:11:31 AM »
Many thanks cidrontmg
I have chrome and tried it same results.
It would appear the site is again working, so maybe that was the problem, and I agree it was getting very slow.
I am so glad we are back I really missed my wake-up with madmodder.
Thanks again
Trev

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:19:10 AM »
Site was down for a day guys, Been fixed now from an old copy.... Meant some work lost but most of us are still here  :thumbup:

See the topic under this one in  "announcements and issues" section for details.

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!