Author Topic: Well it seems you all like pics......So here are a few of my piece of heaven.  (Read 6879 times)

Offline matthew_g

Well hi there folks,
I have been an active member on the forum sceen now for 5-6 years now on about 12 forums all to do with engineering,welding,fabrication and 4X4 modification.
And to my amazement I only stumbled accross this forum last week, So I just had to join. :clap:
A bit about me............
I am 37 years young, Divorced with 4 1/2 children living with me, 3 boys 2 girls, And believe it or not its only the girls that are interested in my workshop doings :scratch:  Oh well they seem to love it anyways.
Their ages range from 16 down to 4.
I am a Chef by trade but left the industry to to a workplace accident a few years ago where I broke my spine in 3 places.
After many trips to surgery and rehab I have been told that I cannot returne to the industry as prolonged standing will do more damage to what already can't be fixed. Plus it would contribute to more pain, And quite frankly I have enough of that already and I really don't want to take more pain killers than I'm already on.
As far back as I can remember I have always had a passion for fabrication and machining, And have been collecting machines and tools for over 20 years, Playing in the workshop at any chance I could get.
As a young bloke I was told if I wanted to leave school I must have an apprenticeship before I left. I was no good at school and I tried for months to get a start in the metalwork trades but to no avail, So I ended up in chefing just to get out of school :loco:
Anyways I spend as much of my free time in the workshop as my back and the kids allow me to.
Here are a few pics of my little coplex.
As you can see I am in the process of extending the main workshop as I'm out of room.....AGAIN !!!
I have also added the lean-to for more storage space. Still needs a floor though.

I never enter a battle of wit with an unarmed person

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
Thanks for the pictures Matthew,  you have some nice equipment there and welcome to the scene.

John
NZ
From the den of The Artful Bodger

tumutbound

Welcome Matthew,
we need more orstralians here.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:21:19 PM by tumutbound »

Offline Davo J

Welcome and good to see you over here, you will find a good bunch of guys on here. :nrocks:

Dave

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
Welcome to the Collective Matthew!  :borg:

As you've discovered, we're a diverse bunch on here.  :thumbup:

Join in. Show lots of pi..... Ah! you already have done!  ::) .....  ENJOY!   :D

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
 :thumbup: :clap: :dremel: Great stuff and welcome  :dremel: :clap: :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hi
Welcome
Is that ac dc tig set any good
I have been looking at a few imports on ebay
John

Offline matthew_g

Hi guys, Thanks for all the welcome and kind words.
To answer your question on the tig.....Yes its great, I have used other
well known brand name tigs and this is comparable in weld quality at a
quater the cost. When purchasing make sure you get a good warranty
from the seller. Mine had a 3 year back to base warranty and the seller
was prepared to pay all costs in the case of a breakdown. Also the seller I bought from only imported welders that had genuine TOSHIBA mofsets and electronics, So that made the unit I have a very good investment in my opinion.
Hope this helps Matt
I never enter a battle of wit with an unarmed person