Author Topic: Tabletop Machining  (Read 4880 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Tabletop Machining
« on: October 20, 2008, 07:33:11 AM »
Tabletop Machining
by Joe Martin
Sherline
Trade paper back
ISBN#0-9665433-0-0
copyright©2001
www.sherline.com

Most are familiar, with the Sherline equipment. This book shows you what they can accomplish in the hands of skilled craftsmen. It is filled with color and black and white drawings, color photo's, charts and tables.

It is divide into 5 sections:
  • General Machining
  • Lathe Operations
  • Milling operations
  • Other Machining Topics
  • Projects and Resources

There are craftsman profiles, basic and advanced information,on both material and procedure of machining. The general cover just that general information on all the varied aspects of machining. Lathe covers lathe operations and most of the common accessories and what they are used for. Milling operations does the same for the mill.

Other covers setting up a small workshop, alignments, adjustments FAQ's, Sherline story and CNC in the home shop.
Projects and resources coves some small simple projects and other resources. Along with the story of the first Sherline and Harold Clisby.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:35:45 AM by PTsideshow »
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Tabletop Machining
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »
I have this one. The first machining book I bought. I dig it out to read occasionally just to get inspired. At first I was irritated reading about J. Martins business, but after time it has come to inspire me on things. I recommend it to anyone just starting out.

Eric 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 11:52:33 AM by Brass_Machine »
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.