Author Topic: swarf removal vacuum  (Read 17088 times)

Offline Jonny

Re: swarf removal vacuum
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 09:13:40 AM »
If you would like some therapy free of charge you are most welcome round here. :bow:

Offline Bogstandard

• Bogs Group
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 09:37:01 AM »
Unfortunately, I very rarely get to use my shop vac.

The wife and daughter cleaned out my shop just over a week ago. It made me sweat just watching them.

The only problem, sometimes a little bit of what you are making goes missing and you have to remake it.

Bogs
If you don't try it, you will never know if you can do it.

Location - Crewe, Cheshire

Skype - bandit175

Offline Jonny

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 11:56:30 AM »
Both of mine have been known to do similar when they want something.
I see £ signs

All the same the areas i actually work in i need to find tools quickly as in go straight to them without moving my feet.
Even the bigger mill i only have to turn round 180 degrees to use.

Brush and compressor come in handy also annoys the mut.
Still have to wait another week for the dustman couldnt get it all in last week, green bin this week.

Price of these gone up a bit, gave £43 vat free day.
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cvac20ss-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner
Never used and would spend a lot more time hoovering than creating swarf.

Offline wheeltapper

• Spixworth Norfolk
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 01:59:46 PM »
Hi
I've been following this thread and I'm dissapointed in your lack of ingenuity.
I bought this here, I bought that there  :doh:

MAKE ONE  :D

This is mine.
the body is (was) a pickled gherkin barrel

the power head came from an industrial vac (I think), I got it at a boot sale for 50 pence.

and inside is a car air filter to stop crap getting in the motor.

loads of suck. :)

Roy
I used to be confused, now I just don't know.

MrFluffy

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 05:13:48 AM »
Ive got a old vax wet dry hoover, used in wet mode. Its not the best suction in the world but I also have a swarf hoover gun which fits on the end of the pipe and my airline, which creates a stronger venturi and could splinters out your hand when the two are combined. In fact its one of these :-
http://www.royalprod.com/product.cfm?catID=14
It wasn't a lot of money as I managed to snag one off ebay usa when the dollar/pound was good (for europe!) and sure beats splinters from stainless cleanups. I use my mill with full suds, so the chips are often very soggy and heavy with it so a bit of a challenge for a normal shop hoover...
I blew out the motor in the vax and it had swarf in it, so Ive got a ash can seperator and Im going to experiment with it inline when I get set back up. I already know the can is up to it as we used it a few times with our numatic henry to clean the wood furnace out, until my wife decided to get one with a motor on it already to make it easier.

You could probably make the gun fairly easy as it is just a venturi with a trigger valve for the air input, but for me time is more precious than buying the odd thing in premade...