Author Topic: High Speed Marine Steam Engine  (Read 4017 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
High Speed Marine Steam Engine
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:14:58 AM »
High Speed Marine Steam Engine
with boilers, burner, lubricator etc.
by AA Rayman
copy right©1963 1964
reprint of articles from Model Maker
most likely TEE publishing no other information
included

It is the complete set of articles that appeared in the magazine Model maker in the years 1963, 1964.  They are a little on the information, as to who is publishing it, and as to the ISBN# etc.  But I believe it is put out by TEE publishing.

The engine discussed is based on and uses the cylinder and head of the Stuart Turner # 10 engines and bar stock.  After the engine work he goes into a discussion on valve setting with diagram.  Then moves on to lubrication with the high pressure tank and displacement lubricator. Have very clear drawings from the forming steps of the flanged edges of the brass discs of the  oil tank. To the two types of boilers  and  blow lamp burners for each. One is the Scott Boiler, and the other is the center flue boiler.

It continues with, safety valves, check valves and boiler pumps and talks about adding a bilge pump. And then shows how to build a hand operated pump or crank one.

All in all a very interesting old school steam boat build.

In the states I got it from here  Powells http://www.powells.com/ It is one of the new  books on model boats that they have.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: High Speed Marine Steam Engine
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:57:33 PM »
I think I am going to ask for this on for Christmas.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.