Author Topic: Southern States Snow  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Southern States Snow
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »
Hey cedge,

Hadn't seen ya on in a while.

Was just wodering if you got any of that New York State winter were you are. That be fun to take that buggy out in. Do a bit of snow running.

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline cedge

• Madmodder Committee
Re: Southern States Snow
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »
Bernd...
8 inches of snow and a coating of ice to make it a pain. This whole area has been basically shut down for 4 days, due to the stuff refusing to melt and then refreezing. We're supposed to get above freezing after today, with night time temps in the teens and 20's going into the weekend.  Primary and secondary roads are still a real mess, but they did manage to keep I-85 moving. With my steep drive way, couldn't even get the buggy out of the garage. Suffice it to say, I'm more than just a little ready for spring weather to get here.  :bang:

Steve

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 12:58:35 PM »
I'm ready for spring too. Seen this white stuff since the begining of Dec.

Hope your keeping warm though. I know you guys aren't set up for long cold spells.

BTW, how you doing? OK I hope. Just haven't seen any postings from you in a long time.

Anyway, keep warm and before you know it spring will be here.

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline cedge

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »
All is well here, just been distracted from the online world by outside events. Antsy to get back into the shop, but that won't likely happen until the world gets warm again.

Thanks for asking,
Steve

Offline Chuck in E. TN

• USAF Retired
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 07:36:33 AM »
Whole week of no school in E. TN. Had less problems the 18 days I spent in upstate N.Y. over the holidays. Cabin fever and a crappy cold to contend with. Come on Spring!
Won't know what to do with myself when I go back to work...

Chuck in E. TN
Chuck in E. TN
Famous TN last words: "Hey ya'll, watch this..."
MicroMark 7x14, HF X2 mill, Green 4x6 saw. Harbor Freight 170A mig

Offline kvom

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:20:06 AM »
I was planning to drive up to Cabin fever, but the snow and ice nixed that plan.  So I've had a week of afternoons in the shop avoiding the kids staying home from school.   ::)  Yesterday was the first day we ventured out in the car since Sunday.

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 05:43:32 PM »
I've been wanting to go Ice fishing. It got to 54 degrees today. That's pretty hard on the ice.
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline Sorekiwi

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 07:02:36 PM »
I'm feeling sorry for you guys that dont normally get too much of the white stuff.

I'm in the heart of the snow belt (40 miles east of Cleveland, and the first hill the cold air hits when it comes off the lake), but at least everyone is set up for the snow around here.  If a snow plow hasnt gone past the end of my driveway within the last 60 minutes, then something has gone wrong....

I moved from here to Indianapolis for 10 years, and Indy got 20% of the snow we gey here, but I will swear that the roads were 400% worse.  Not as many plows keeping the roads open.  Cant imagine what its like where there are no plow trucks!
Mike, expat Kiwi in NE Ohio, USA