Author Topic: Potty Over Crank Wall Engine  (Read 158970 times)

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
Re: Potty Over Crank Wall Engine
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2011, 02:10:49 AM »
Thanks for your support and encouragement Arnold.

My articles and others have come in for a little critacism over on the ME site, I'm afraid people forget that if it wasn't for people like you and I who are prepared to share our adventures there would be no Magazine and no great forums like this.

Stew

Stew.
The ME magazine, isn't my cup of tea.... And I don't think I've been on any ME forum.......  ::)

BUT...... However does any right thinking hobbyist, find fault with others prepared to share their experiences?  :scratch:

There are some strange people out there......   :loco:

Chin up Mate!  :thumbup:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline arnoldb

• Windhoek, Namibia
Re: Potty Over Crank Wall Engine
« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2011, 04:44:51 AM »
Thanks Stew

We all open ourselves to criticism when we post publicly (or have articles published like you do) and share our experiences, and there will always be criticism in one form or another. 

Don't worry about it - sometimes it's good to get criticism if it is positive/constructive.  I try to use that to improve a bit.  With negative criticism, I just tend to ignore it and not let it get at me.  At least we try, and I'm sure we all try our best! 

I don't know about you, but what makes sharing my work for me worthwhile is not necessarily the public feedback I get in the forums (though that does help), but rather the once-in-a-while golden private feedback from persons I've never even met that shares a quick but heartfelt thank-you for inspiring them.  To me, that's what sharing our experiences is all about; I've been inspired by you and many other members on the forums, and by posting my escapades I'm trying to keep that spirit up and doing my little bit to keep our hobby alive in a world that's all gone plastic and depends on instant gratification.

Many members feel disinclined to post their experiences - some feel that they don't have a way with words, others feel that their work is not worthy of posting, and for some it's simply too much time taken out from having fun in the shop.  I fully respect all these and the other reasons - there is nothing wrong with that.  In fact, looking back at the last two and a bit years since I've started posting, I'm surprised at the fact that I posted as much as I did; normally I'm a very shy and bashful person; I can't even stand up and make a speech at a function, but somehow I find it easy and rewarding to share my shop escapades.

So like David said - Chin up mate and carry on the good work  :thumbup: - it is worth it!

Kind regards, Arnold