Author Topic: Anodizing  (Read 36305 times)

Offline Jonny

Re: Anodizing
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »
Bob i have one of those digi PSU's twin output 0-30V 0-10A but can bridge. Sure theres a 5V dedicated output to.
Although mine doesnt have that name on it it looks very very similar and has packed up twice.
Give it a thorough check over first.

Went out and bought one from Maplin to tie me over whilst being repaired.
Think it was this one? http://www.maplin.co.uk/3v-15v-adjustable-25-30a-max-linear-power-supply-30391

The start up amperage was quite considerable 4 to 6 times the operating, gradually depreciating and stabilising after a few minutes.

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »
Johnny,
Is yours a switching or linear supply?  Did you have an inline diode in place to stop the chance of current reversal?

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »
Those pictures contain a lot of know-how. 

That’s a good way to look at it and thanks so much...  I looked at it both ways...know how..and how not to..:)

Are your parts all the same alloy?  Can you accurately determine the surface area of those parts with your drawings?

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
Very nice run down and it deserves more of a reply than I can squeeze out this evening.

I think you have enough facts about your parts. You will no doubt end up in good shape.

The 6061 and 7000 series won't give any trouble...  The unknown gummy stuff will take some test runs but it looks like you are very organized.  Keeping track of all the parameters in your test runs will help you figure out what will and won’t work.:)

Considering all the long hours you have put into this project it’s got to be a scary step for you to take.

You might want to experiment with ASF when you get started.  The lower the ASF the easier it is to control the tank temp.  But…I have found the lower the ASF the softer the final ano finish is.  You might very well be satisfied with your parts at a lower temp, and not have to worry about cooling the ano bath.

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 08:37:27 PM »
BTW....our team at work went out to lunch today and I got on the site with my Droid and passed it around for everyone to see your robot studio.:)...I can tell you we didn't end up talking about work.  They were all totally blown away with our setup and work.

I need to talk to you sometime about the CNC mill...I had a Anilam rep out to my shop last year and he gave a demo and quote to convert my mill.  I just can't justfy the expense at this point.

I sit behind a computer desk all day for a real job.  If I ever do buy one or change mine over it will need to be because it will speed my way to retirement...lol.