Author Topic: UK powder coating paint suppliers ?  (Read 12232 times)

Offline picclock

UK powder coating paint suppliers ?
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »
Hi

I can only seem to find overseas suppliers for powder coat paint. Any UK residents know of UK suppliers ?

Thanks

picclock
Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: UK powder coating paint suppliers ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:31:29 PM »
I just googled "powder coating supplies uk" and that seemed to give many promising leads.

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 04:51:05 PM »
One place that I have in my "favorites" is http://www.electrostaticmagic.co.uk/ , I havent used them so I cant tell you anything about their service or products, but it seems to be offering a starter kit of materials for not a huge amount of outlay. The usual caveates apply, your house is at risk if you leave the door open, ect ect ect.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline picclock

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 02:38:59 AM »
@ spuddevans

That looks just the job. I tried google searching but I kept coming up with firms that do the powder coating process rather than supply the paint. Fleabay only listed sites in America and the shipping from there kills any deals.

The prices at this place seem very reasonable too, although I wouldn't want to say the name after a few  :beer:

Many thanks for that

picclock
Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)

Offline JimM

• Chessington, Surrey
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 01:34:52 PM »
If it's just the powder you're after try doing an ebay search on the seller suzie30luv they haven't got anything listed at the moment (last lot ended 1st Feb) but may be worth dropping them a message

Never used them myself but a few of the guys over on the MIG Welding forum have bought stuff from them

HTH

Jim

Offline Swarfing

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 03:39:20 AM »
Give these guys a call?

http://holmanpaints.co.uk/

I use them for machine paints and are always very helpful. If they don't have it I'm sure they will get it for you and their prices are always good.
Once in hole stop digging.