Author Topic: More offerings to the god swarf. (Project Greenly Undertype)  (Read 5018 times)

Offline techno ludite

More offerings to the god swarf. (Project Greenly Undertype)
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
Hi All
The new project for this year will be the ' Henry Greenly Undertype HV1 ' as described in the facsimile booklet by 'Tubal Cain' by HEP in 1977.

Background history, back in the 80's my brother worked in the inspection dept at Stuart Turners in Henley at the time when the model section was being transfered/sold to cheddar models, him and a colleague were mooching through the pattern store, before the workshop foreman took great joy in burning the all of the old wooden patterns ( in my opinion he should have been flogged for what he did), so as far as I know there was only mine and 1 other set of castings taken from the old patterns before they were burnt.

The drawings will be a bit taxing, converting the whitworth to ba threads.

Group shot                                                                                         Gunmetal castings

Rough lay-up                                                                                      Motion mock up

Valve gear mock up

The rest will be on my flickr page as usual and the progress pics throughout the year as and when anything major happens.

TL

Edit:

Just a couple more.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:18:07 PM by techno ludite »

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
Re: More offerings to the god swarf. (Project Greenly Undertype)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:11:43 PM »
Goodluck with this project I just love it.  :nrocks:

Offline madjackghengis

• big engine
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 12:01:20 PM »
Hi Tl, I have to sort of go with your suggestions for the mutton-head who ordered patterns burned, I'd only flog him until he passed out, and then would spray salt water and vinegar on his back so I could get back to flogging him more.  that looks like it should turn out to be a beautiful engine when you are done, and I look forward to seeing it run.  I've got a similar style engine kit on a back burner, and I love to see them finished, they add motivation to get through the other projects standing in their way.  I'm glad someone who cares, got the casting set. :beer:  cheers mad jack

Offline techno ludite

Re: More offerings to the god swarf. (Project Greenly Undertype) On Hold
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
The S***ehawks were circling very low today, needless to say a work colleague and myself got completely covered* :( :( :(. So this project will be on hold for the for-seeable future when everything is all hunky-dory again.

TL

* 30 days notice of redundancy, out of work on the 4th of March.

Offline Ned Ludd

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 01:21:58 PM »
Hi TL,
Sorry to hear that, bummer! (strong language has been edited for those of a nervous disposition)
Clearly when they said yesterday on the radio that British manufacturing was on the up, they were not thinking of your area.
Ned
PS there are two D's in Luddite
I know enough to do what I do, but the more I know the more I can do!

Leafy suburbs of NW London