Author Topic: DRO questions  (Read 41013 times)

Offline j45on

• My tiny workshop Location Ashford Kent
Re: DRO questions
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:59 AM »
Cheers Andy I shall keep that in mind  :thumbup:
I am having trouble with scales though,I have wired one up to test and it was working fine with a battery  but wont work without one :scratch:
I have a 100uF electrolytic with a .01uF ceramic in parallel as mentioned by Tumutbound

:doh: Looks like I forgot to add some jumpers ( i wondered what they were for  :palm: )
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:51:15 PM by j45on »
Jason

tumutbound

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2011, 08:02:22 PM »

Not that I want to discourage you, but in MEW issue 111 (Dec 05/Jan 06) there's Part 1 of a series about using chinese calipers and the Shumatech 350 readout.

The author said: "I found my 4 pin DIN plugs and sockets on the back of the DRO a nightmare to solder up. [They] just have solid pins to solder to. A type with solder buckets would have been easier with less possibility of solder bridges."

I got rid of the DIN plugs and used 4 pin microphone plug/sockets similar to these.
Much easer to solder and as they screw together, no chance of scales becoming disconnected.

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 10:29:24 AM »
Gereat thread everyone. A lot of questions I had.. but hadnt formulated have been clarified, and answered.

An example.. why get the small digital chinese ones.. but now I understand much better how they work, and how the DROs work with them.

:mmr:
SPiN Racing