Author Topic: Another tiny shop.  (Read 5582 times)

Offline srm_92000

• In NW Leicester
Another tiny shop.
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:52:59 AM »
Hi all.
I've just introduced myself over on the introductions section and thought I'd put some shop pics in this bit-
Do I get the prize for the smallest yet? ::) it's just 7'10" X 7'3"
It does have its good points though, its inside, heated, the light's good and its all mine!.
Not sure if I could swing a cat as it ran off before I could try :)

Steve.
Steve,
I put it back together using all the right parts,
just not necessarily in the right order.:scratch:
(Eric morecambe - ish)

Offline Ray

Re: Another tiny shop.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:34:13 AM »
Not bad. As long as you have room to operate the machines and turn out parts, you got it made.
 :thumbup:
Ray
Waco, Texas

Offline fixit

• my first engine
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 10:29:33 AM »
you gota do wat yer godado

nice shop  see you have 'henry'  on guard

steve
northolt,near Mc donalds, next to Pc World

Offline srm_92000

• In NW Leicester
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »
Hi fixit.
Henry is actually charles, bit more umph & wet/dry. Best bit of kit I've got!.
With space being so limited I have to keep on top of things so he's plugged in and ready to go all the time, it'll pull in swarf from about half a mile away but you have to watch out for that little part you just spent 10 hours making as it dissapears up his nose :doh:
I've been seen many times with the bag cut open on the floor searching through all sorts of er.. stuff. the worst is when when you hear something go but don't know what it was so have to open it up anyway only to find half an hour later that it was just a screw or something. :bang:

Steve
Steve,
I put it back together using all the right parts,
just not necessarily in the right order.:scratch:
(Eric morecambe - ish)

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:36:49 PM »
Steve

With all the points listed.
"It does have its good points though, its inside, heated, the light's good and its all mine!".
It sure beats not having a shop, not having it heated, not having tools, working in the dark and having to work in someone elses shop. Sounds to me like you have a winner there. I totally understand about the vacuum pulling up parts and having to dig to see what it was, been there done that. Thanks for showing us your shop. I am sure that you can spend many peaceful hours in it digging thru chunks of metal trying to release the treasures hidden inside.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline DavidA

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 04:45:53 PM »
Steve,
All you need to do is put an old sock in the end of the vacuum tube. Then you only need to search the sock.

Dave.

P.S.  Don't forget to secure the sock.

Offline DavidA

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 04:59:32 PM »
Although I have a big shed, It tends to be rather damp.  So my 'good' machines are in a small outhouse. It is only about 5 foot wide by maybe 18 foot long. So all the machines (Lathe, XIL mill, and a samll stand drill,  plus a small bench,  go along the back wall.
Like yours,  it is cramped,  but it is dry,  warm and just the place to be when the shed is too cold to work in without lighting the pot belly.

Small is good.

Dave :thumbup:

MrFluffy

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 06:01:41 PM »
Small but perfectly formed as the saying goes.
Id give my eye teeth to have that setup right now, I have been without a proper workshop for nearly 3 years while building a house, and my mill and lathe etc cant come home till at least the floor is in. Soon, I asked my wife for readymix for my 40th birthday, some midlife crisis eh?