Author Topic: For Harbor Frieght on line shipping, new wrinkle  (Read 2885 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
For Harbor Frieght on line shipping, new wrinkle
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »
A heads up If you are waiting, for something!
An interesting development in the shipping of packages of Harbor Freight on line purchases. The replacement  blades for a throatless shear, came today finally. It had appeared that they were lost
as: Mar 14, 2011 11:46 PM, Departed FedEx location, FEDEX SMARTPOST BELLEVILLE, MI.

And their was no update on the web site, since the 14,

They had left harbor freight Mar 9, 2011 5:26 AM then it was a cross country trip

Nothing for two days till this was just posted: Mar 16, 2011 3:49 AM,At U.S. Postal Service facility,MOUNT CLEMENS, MI, Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

It was already delivered before the above was posted on the internet.

Some of the items will not be delivered by the FED X truck. But by the post office at a future date. It seems that it would be cheaper and faster for them to do it like before and ship by the post office. It always seemed that I got the packages faster then now.

I guess that is what the term smartpost is referring to. Seems sort of a dumb way of doing it!  :doh:

As a side note the blades look to be a better finish quality. Then on the same type items in the past haven't given them the file test yet.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:38:10 PM by PTsideshow »
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Ray

Re: For Harbor Frieght on line shipping, new wrinkle
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
PT, I ordered some bushings for my 9X20 HF lathe on Feb 19 oor 20th.  They confirmed shipment on 25 Feb.  FEDEX showed 2 or 3 locations on Mar 2 and 3rd.  On Mar 3rd they show it was sent to Postal Service for my Zip Code.   That is the last update on their tracking site (MARCH 3, 2011) as of tonight, March 16th.  Called local FEDEX office and was told it was sent to Post Office on 3rd.  Called Post Office and they said it may sit in their distribution center 3,4,5 days (he wasn't sure), before being passed to my carrier.  Sent from CA Feb 25th, FEDEX to Local Post Office (they say) Mar 3rd and now Mar 16th and no bushings.

Right after I ordered them, I machined 2 for my lathe and they work fine.  I wait and wait for "smartpost"

Ray
Waco, Texas