Author Topic: TEARDROP TRAILER!  (Read 12470 times)

Offline backyard_cnc

TEARDROP TRAILER!
« on: November 22, 2008, 01:38:47 AM »
Here's a project I did a few years back. I sold it this past summer but it worked out really well!

Gerald

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: TEARDROP TRAILER!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 02:01:40 AM »
Gerald

Looks like it would do the job you intended it for. Also should have been fairly easy to tow.

Cheers

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 02:12:46 AM »
We saw an episode on the travel channel that featured those. Told swmbo that I want to build one eventually. Very cool!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline backyard_cnc

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 03:03:23 AM »
Thanks for the comments boys, TEARDROPS are great fun to build and use. I have done 2 of them, one for my motorcycle and one for the van. The larger one sold this year as I wanted a larger trailer with inside plumbing. Hope to do a cross country month long excursion next year and indoor plumbing makes overnighting on WALMART parking lots much easier since the wife needs to pee at least twice a night:-). Teardrops don't have the space for such luxuries. A 17ft fiberglass trailer is now taking space in the backyard. It is a 1985 BIGFOOT and that is another project.........but hey aren't they all?

Gerald

swmbo? not sure what that means eric. propably a reference to significant other but I can't be sure

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 03:15:00 AM »
swmbo? not sure what that means eric. propably a reference to significant other but I can't be sure

Sorry Gerald, that is a term that is quite common on the other board... She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 06:23:56 AM »
Gerald

Its from a British TV series, Rumpole of the Bailey, from a number of years ago. Great stuff was on the PBS channel. He was a barrister( lawyer) and the Ole Bailey is a Court in London!
When his wife talked he would be thinking, "She who must be obey" has spoken a running gag.
glen
great trailer btw.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 12:54:27 PM »
Nice one Gerald. That set up with a genny? I noticed the microwave! :thumbup:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline backyard_cnc

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 01:11:30 PM »
Nice one Gerald. That set up with a genny? I noticed the microwave! :thumbup:

Bernd

Only used the microwave when we had "shore power", trailer has a deepcycle battery and 1200w inverter but microwave would kill it flat in about 10 minutes or so! I did have a small HONDA genny but was only a 20lb 350 watter so was really just a battery charger for when I ran the battery too low.
Heres the inside: the table drops down for sleeping!

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 01:15:26 PM »
Nice work Gerald  :headbang:

CC

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »
Ya, whar CrewCab said.  :thumbup:

Bernd

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 02:15:25 PM »
Great job on the tailer!!! I've always wanted to build one of those. It just hasn't risen up on my list of things to do ::)

Wes
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

bogstandard

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »
Wes,

If ever we got to build everything we wanted, you would most probably have to buy more property just for storage.

Backyard,

Lovely build.
It is a shame I can't work in wood very well. In fact I hate working with the stuff, but everyone has their own skills, and you really show them off well.

John

Offline Rog02

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »
Wes,
If ever we got to build everything we wanted, you would most probably have to buy more property just for storage.
John

AND?  This is a bad thing, no?

It is a shame I can't work in wood very well. In fact I hate working with the stuff, but everyone has their own skills, and you really show them off well.
John

Yep, wood is rather problematic.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get the wood to quit flaming after I shut off the torch.  And does anyone know whether you weld wood with AC or DC reverse?  Thoriated or plain tungstens? :zap:
Roger
I'm OLD, I'm TIRED, and I'M GRUMPY!

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 10:11:16 PM »
Wes,
John

I'm working on filling up six acres.  :D

Yep, wood is rather problematic.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get the wood to quit flaming after I shut off the torch.  And does anyone know whether you weld wood with AC or DC reverse?  Thoriated or plain tungstens? :zap:

Your using the wrong gas, you should be using wood gas.  And you use DC forward superimposed on AC with a touch of methane gas. Forget the rods. Works everytime.  :wack:

Bernd