Author Topic: Rough Rider Knife kit build... and long video!  (Read 29934 times)

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
Rough Rider Knife kit build... and long video!
« on: March 19, 2011, 03:34:25 PM »
Disclaimer part I.... Yes this is a knife, no it's not U.K. street legal and if you wanted a knife for being naughty with you most probably wouldn't go through all this to make it so....politics, politics, politics....  Let's get on!

Disclaimer part II .... This is the way I do this, I'm not a professional anything except mechanic and garage door fitter.  I hope I show enough to "help" someone else but that's only a possibility!    :)

Well I know it's cheating but. I purchased a kit to allow me to learn how to build a knife.

I made this in approx 3 hours so sorry but no build along just lots of pictures.... 122 to be exact. But I'll try and shorten it a little
for you. I'm going to post this (I think) like it's for someone who has no idea... (Like me until 6 days ago) on how these things go together.

It's a kit from a company called Rough Rider. Their website (FYI   roughriderknives.com)  is a little under developed. Basically it's a bit of spiel and a link to 2
stores.
Oh, and don't forget their facebook page filled with comments from the general public. Ranging from praise to complete astonishment at the lack of help the site provides.

Basically the instructions in the box are all you get and although they do tell you the basic requirements they are not exactly upto
much! I have always gone with the picture' thousand words motto and they have no pictures!  ::)

That said, what do you expect for £8:00 Yes.... eight quid!

Anyway, I'm boring myself now so, on with the show!

(disclaimer part III....  I'm using the words pein, peining, peined and any other that come to mind... I know it's spelt differently elsewhere but it's basically the hammer with a hemisphere on one side and it's used to bash rivets into place!)

Pictures to show you what you get in the box...

Picture of the liners inner side. Note the left hand liner has a slight chamfer in the smaller holes (compare it to the right hand
one) These are the holes used to pin the scales to the liner. I chamfered the holes to allow the peining to get a real seat in the
material. I did this on every hole that the pins would be peined into even the wood. Just to make sure there would be no loose pins in
the near future.

The chamfer was cut using a centre drill in a small hand held chuck, one turn and it was cut, more than enough to make a good seat for
the pin.

The outside of the liners with the chamfer in the bolster (left hand one untouched only for comparison)

A quick push together to see how it will fit.... Pretty damn good.

The instructions say you can use epoxy, pin or both to attach the scales (they also read as if the holes have not been pre-drilled??)
I decided on both since I had the means and I wanted to make sure it was fixed.

Nice and clean and all checked for a good fit...

Epoxy ready

Then I peined the pins on the inside first (balanced on the clamp for photo' reasons not peined there)
The peining was carried out using a small ball pein hammer and the anvil on the back of my bench vice.

The pins do not have to be hammered flush. Just enough to fill the chamfer you have made, the rest is filed off flush to the job and then finished later. (read on)

Peined left hand pin, filed down right hand pin. This was needed to make sure the wood didn't split, like it did on the first pin I did
 :doh:  (You might be able to see the "character" I created in my handle later in the pics? )

You must file the pin so that only about 1mm is left to pein (dependant a little on the size of the chamfer you create etc).

Now me being me I needed to know that I'd be proud to show this to people so.... I filed the excess pin material off and flatted the inner liners then polished them a little (by hand only). I know, sad!   :loco:    :lol:  

But looks better though eh?  (the bottom one there for comparison)

Next getting ready for assembly.

Put the pins through the holes, put the springs on and then the blade. (making sure you have the finger nail cut outs correctly orientated) Then fit the middle liner/separator.

Then the other spring, blade and the other liner (sorry, forgot the pic's of the blade in position.. My only excuse, nerves and concentration!)

This one shows one peined and 2 waiting to be filed and then peined

Now the important bit, shims fitted to the blade pivot end before peining. This is very important. To avoid clamping the blades into the handle. Easy to do when belting hell out of the pin with a little hammer!!

The instructions wanted a set of .002 shims... I didn't have any. But I did have some brass shim stock at .005... So that got used and I hit it a little harder to squeeze it up a bit... Worked a treat!

This pic shows the shims in place and the one side of the pin peined over, this is then knocked through and the other end filed to length.

Filed to length and shimmed ready to pein over...

The final centre pin is done, the shims removed and the blades opened... Then I remember the tip shown on a video I watched a couple of months ago of a master knife maker from Sheffield....(without which I don't think I'd have been this quick!! I love youtube!  :headbang: ) He used a mix of french chalk and engine oil on the liners and blades to allow them to be lubricated and free to move... Oh well, remember for the next one. I just used a little engine oil dribbled in.

Well that's it... One knife made.

Well, ok. there might just be a few pic's left.... I hope some of you might like to see it finished?

I cheated here a little too.... I used a kind of mini hand held linisher (Cheers Bogs  :thumbup: )  It worked a treat, and since the blades were blunt I could hold them while finishing the handle off.
The liners stood up a good 1mm above the bolsters and the spine of the knife was all over the place so it was all fettled true to each other to give a smooth feel. Could be done by hand yes.... But I had technology on my side.... Why waste it?   :borg:

The weapon of choice (held securely in my bench vice. Trust me it was checked and double checked for security)

Shaped and cleaned up it's not looking bad....  Remember the pins and bolsters are much harder than the wood and need a little fettling to get then feeling ok. I stopped shaping when I was happy with the in hand feel of the knife.

Then a quick seeing to on the polishing mops lead to this.... and yes, that is the finish of the wood off my polishing mops too!! Some cool hard wood, don't know what it is exactly? But it's great  :thumbup:

Well that's it. A very pic' heavy post I know but it seemed a little easier than breaking it up into little ones.

Hope that some of you like it, I know knives are not everyone's cup of tea but I wanted to have a go so I did.

Daft bit is this is not U.K. legal (Blades longer than 75mm)  so I can only use it round the house or when camping... Oh well, it was a lot of fun making it....
Got 2 different kits on the way now   :)

Ralph.

P.S.  If you want to see the "Character" I installed in the scales. Look closely at the top pin in the wood....

Not really that bad  :palm:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:15:04 PM by Divided he ad »
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline Bluechip

• Madmodder Committee
  • Derbyshire UK
Re: Rough Rider Knife kit build... 27 pic's!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
Not into knives as such, but really well done. Trawled all the way through to find a mention of the wood, only to see you're not sure either ...

'Cos I think it may be Cocobolo.

Long ago in my model boating days, one geezer made lace bobbins as well as boats. He had a fair number of exotic bits of Bogs' 'brown stuff'.

Remember Cocobolo looked like that, nice finish .. and another I think he called Snakewood. Don't think it actually comes from snakes, but thats got attractive grain too ..

Nice post .. Ta !!

Dave BC
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:36:06 PM by Bluechip »
I have a few modest talents. Knowing what I'm doing isn't one of them.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
Sorry Dave.

I have no idea what wood it is and it doesn't say in the limited bumf!

Happy you liked part of it  :thumbup:

Ralph.

Offline Trion

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 05:41:50 PM »
Looking very well! I want a knife like that! :thumbup:

Offline rleete

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:35:17 PM »
Very nice.  I would like it a lot more if it were a lockback, though.  Have to check out the website, as I have been needing a new pocket knife.

Funny name.  Here in the states, "Rough Rider" is a type of condom!
Creating scrap, one part at a time

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »
Ralph,

To me that's a regular pocket knive. Looks to be less then 6" so would be legal here I believe. So what makes them UK street legal? No blade.  :lol:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 11:55:16 AM »
Nice Build Ralph!

The kits are a good way to see what needs to be done for when you make one from scratch.Eric

Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »
Jon,
They are ridiculously cheap to buy ready made.... But where is the fun in that?  I'll P.M. the website I got it from in the U.K. and if they will post it it'll still probably work out cheap.
If they won't, I'll get it for you and send it. No problem  :thumbup: 

Roger,

They do 2 slip joint  (non locking) knives this one and a 3 blade version (smaller blades, U.K. legal) and they do 2 lockback versions too, one steel liners and a 2" blade and one with brass liners and a 3.5" blade.   All blades are 440 stainless.

I have had to send back the small lockback knife kit I had due to the lock being too short to reach the blade!! But then having read the reviews from the site I was prepared for the possibility of that.  They are a lit made in China and they seem to have a few quality control issues?
However the very low cost and the fact that the site I used to purchase them from delivered free, gave me a freepost address for the return and promised an inspection of the parts before sending the replacement. I have no problems in waiting a bit... I just wanted the experience and feel for the building of folding knives.

Bernd,
The blades are 89mm or 3.5" which over here is a big pocket knife!

U.K. legal is a bit of a minefield. This is a quote borrowed from a famously often incorrect interwebapedia! 
But it is pretty close to correct in this instance.

It is illegal to carry knives in public in the United Kingdom without "good reason". This term is not defined, but examples of "religious duty", "national dress" and "requirement of employment or hobby" are given. It is up to a police officer's individual discretion, and ultimately a magistrate to decide whether or not the requirements of "good reason" are met.[20] Folding knives with blades of 3 inches or less may be carried without needing to provide "good reason" so long as the blade is not capable of being locked in the open position. However, it is illegal to have the intention of using any object in public as a weapon, meaning that even a knife that is legal to carry without needing "good reason" may still be found to be illegal if the police officer has grounds to suspect it will be used as a weapon, the onus lies on the officer to prove that intent.

There are many more laws than those though... I.E. you can get jail time for promoting any knife as a weapon!

I personally view a knife as a very useful tool. I use mine everyday in work and have done for years.

Eric,

My idea was along those lines.... I would like to make one that is all mine but still legal. So a small slip joint.... I have just a bit of materials research to do etc Blade has given a great deal of info on his knife build thread and I shall be looking round for the kinds of stuff I need.

This has made me much more confident in my abilities. :dremel:

Ralph

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 02:47:13 PM »
Thanks Ralph.

Boy, the guberment sure does make things difficult.

Anyway nice looking tool.  :thumbup:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »
Bernd, Sadly mostly necessary... Small country lots of dumb asses and alcohol!   :doh: 

Still, glad you like it  :)

Offline rleete

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »
Small lockback out of stock everywhere I looked.  Damn you for making me add another project to the list!

Offline Blade

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 04:18:31 PM »
Nice job Ralph! One tip I would have for you to try on the next knife is when you pein your pins use a tapered reamer instead of a countersink. The countersink leaves a small shoulder that is sometimes ground or filed away when you finish the bolster, a tapered reamer gives you a much longer tapered area on the end of the pin after you pein it and is also less likely to pull loose.

polished them a little (by hand only). I know, sad!
Some of the finest finishes are done by hand, I hand finish all of my high end knives, a lot of other makers that I know do also.

I am almost certain the wood on your knife is Fibron or Diamondwood, both of these are pressure treated burch that make a great durable handle that is easy to finish.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:21:00 PM by Blade »

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 05:31:17 PM »
Very nice piece of work there :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have no idea what wood it is and it doesn't say in the limited bumf!

I have turned a number of wooden pens out of Cocobolo, and I agree with Dave, it really looks like cocobolo to me, the cocobolo I turned would buff up to a glorious shine just like yours did, and had the same grain structure and appearance.

If it is cocobolo then you have to be careful about the sanding dust as it can be sensitizing, ie the more you are exposed to it the more of an allergic reaction you get.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline Blade

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 08:26:40 PM »
What makes me think the handle material is Fibron is the bullseye pattern. This happens because when the factory makes the sheets of material it is built like plywood, out of layers of thinner material and they alternate colors alot of times to give the wood some contrast. Because the layers are so consistent in thickness it causes the bullseyes when you grind it. This material is also resin impregnated which helps it buff to a high shine. It is probably one of the most common woods on factory knives these days.

I added a pic of a piece of fibron and a piece of cocobolo, the large one is cocobolo you can see the pattern I mentioned on the fibron. Another indicator would be smell, when you grind cocobolo it smells like cinamon, it is like Tim mentioned a problem for people that are repeatedly exposed, some people develop severe allergies over time.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 08:34:56 AM »
Roger... Is this the kit you mean?

:D  Next one to try  :dremel:

Cheers Eddie.... I haven't got any tapered reamers and so definitely haven't got any this small either  :scratch:  I'll have to do some thinking!

It certainly didn't smell good when I was sanding it down!  I'm inclined to believe it is a resin impregnated job... It also has a real closely repeated pattern with a near perfect bullseye on the scales to the little lockback pictured in the kit above.

(Mmmm... I wonder if there are any plans out there for a small inexpensive slipjoint or even liner lock knife  :scratch:   :poke:    :wave:   willing to trade for a mini brass torch   :thumbup:  )

Ralph.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:16:16 PM by Divided he ad »

Offline rleete

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 09:10:30 AM »
Yup, that's the one.  You probably got the last one!

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »
Ralph.
That's beautiful:thumbup:

Blummin well done!  :clap: :clap:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Blade

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 02:54:41 PM »
(Mmmm... I wonder if there are any plans out there for a small inexpensive slipjoint or even liner lock knife            willing to trade for a mini brass torch     )

I know where there are some free plans if the lazy person with them would scan them in  :wave:

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 03:04:19 PM »
Sorry Roger, cruel I know.... Sent you a PM though to maybe help?

David, Thank you. Glad you like it  :thumbup:

Eddie   :whip:     :lol:   

Ralph.

Offline rleete

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »
Thanks for ther link, Ralph.  Maybe not this time, though.  Too many half done projects, I gotta get some completed before I go taking on more! 

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
Re: Rough Rider Knife kit build... and long video!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 09:25:50 PM »
Well... That was annoying! All my photo's migrated!  Repaired now though.   Wonder if any other posts have been zapped?  :zap:   :doh:

Anyway, the reason I was back here is to show you the second knife in the set I purchased. A small lockback. I'll not put too many pic's in here since I've just spent about 8 hours sorting a video out.... Issues with the video editor... Don't ask!  :bang:  

Well it's from this (picture on earlier post too).......

to this....

With a little extra work to make it all mine  :thumbup:

And for those interested.... you'd have to be. It's 13ish minutes long  :bugeye:    Well it was edited down from approx 5 hours work  :dremel:

I left the hammering sounds in so you might gauge the force being applied with the hammer.... Might work?  :loco:

Hope some of you like it?

Ralph.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:57:21 AM by Divided he ad »

Offline Blade

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 10:06:02 PM »
Great video Ralph! I like the filework. It looks like it walks and talks well, which is the function of the knife, meaning that it snaps open and closed on its own. I like how you were careful to lap all of the inside flat, that prevents a lot of problems once the knife is assembled, it looks like your blade is centered well from what I can see.

One tip I would offer is that when you assemble the knife instead of assembling one side and the trying to slip the other scale on you can push the pins through your spring, lock and handles as a unit leaving the blade for last. Then you press down the lock and hold it, insert the blade and put in the pin. If you grind or file a point on one end of the pin it makes it easy to insert and then you just remove the point when you are ready to pein the ends.

So did you trace out the parts so that you could make one of your own?

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »
Thanks Eddie  :thumbup:  Very happy you like it.

IMHO The blade seems correct and the knife feels great.... I can live with that  :)     So proud of my first filework  :ddb:  sappy I know!  :lol: 

The pins issue was the 2 small ones that stop the spring from spinning. The ones that pass all the way through were fine. If just a little slack in the spring end.
I'll try the blade insertion method next time.... I'm bound to try this again.... It's fun   :D

Trace 'em.... Now that would have been sensible wouldn't it!   :doh:     Next time gadget!  (obscure kids TV reference of the week? )

Going to have to have a chat about material, grades etc one day  :thumbup:

Ralph.

Offline Pete49

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 06:01:07 AM »
I liked the lockback so went to the site and yep US$9.90. Nice now do they ship to Australia?? I sent them an email and today a reply :clap:...yes they ship to Australia........US 65.90 :jaw:...........SO I picked myself off the floor and decided  as nice as the kit is it needs to stay there. The shipping ex US is so over the top
AH well I can dream :doh:
Cheers
Pete
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »
Pete... PM me and I'll help you sort it if you like  :thumbup:

Postage from the U.K. is far, far cheaper than the U.S.    :)

Ralph.

Offline Pete49

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:21 AM »
 :mmr: what else can I say?? After my last post I had Ralph contact me and with his help I ordered 2 kits with postage totalled 30 squid or less than AUS$50. I love the help on this site and the friendship shown. :D
Now to wait for the package and see if I can do it justice :lol:
 A very happy chappie
Pete

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 12:39:41 PM »
I love the help on this site and the friendship shown.  :D

Don't we all  :mmr:    :nrocks:       :beer:   

Glad it worked Pete  :thumbup:

Why are U.S. postal charges so extortionate?   Must be some reason?

Ralph.

Offline Blade

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 02:10:25 PM »
I can't beleive what they wanted to charge you to ship that knife, I have sent knives to Australia before and I don't think it was that expensive.

Offline Pete49

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »
Blade it was a bit of a shock to me I can tell you. I have purchased from various US suppliers over the years & epay as well asn some want your first born for postage and others cheap. I had a kilo of goop sent to me last month from Florida and cost me US$25 shipping and was in in 2 weeks :thumbup: That is why it seems odd that there is such a huge difference in shipping depending on supplier. Almost seems that they don't need the business :bugeye:
Still with friends like the madmodders I reckon these obstructions to our type of fun can be overcome easily.
Cheers
Pete

Offline Corvus corax

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 06:13:47 AM »
Where does one get these online from the UK?
I tried the local distributors for Rough Rider knives here in Austria and none of them seem to be carrying the kits.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 08:24:36 AM »
P.M.  sent   :thumbup:

Ralph.

Offline Pete49

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 10:53:27 PM »
Just to let you all know the kits turned today. Talk about quick  ordered  on the 6th april and picked them up today the 20th April :thumbup:
 and went through customs without a hitch. They just opened 1 box but didn't unpack the bits  :clap: thanks Ralph for your heads up
 :mmr:
Cheers
Pete

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 01:35:02 PM »
Glad it went without a hitch Pete  :thumbup: 

Now for some fun building them  :dremel:  :ddb: 

Feel free to share some pic's when your done  :worthless: 

Ralph.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »
I know this is an old post but this belongs on the end of it.

I finally made the big lock back knife kit that's been on my shelf for the best part of a year! Finally getting a round tuit  :dremel:

Right, on with the show...

I missed some of the early pic's so this starts with the scales fitted, the liners flatted and the filework done.

The rivets are peined over and then it's ready for the finishing. the blade is dead but I still covered it.

The rough finishing with the 1/2" belt sander

Hand finished with 400 then 1200 grit emery.

Finally polished up and the blade sharpened.

My attempt at a bit of fancy filework!

The butt filework.

And finally a couple of comparative shots of the small and large lockbacks..... 

Just thought I'd share  :)

Ralph.

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 01:54:30 AM »

Just thought I'd share  :)
Ralph.

Very pleased you did share, Ralph .   :thumbup:

You create some very nice pieces of work, and they're beautiful! ......  :clap: :clap:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »
Thanks David  :thumbup:

I do try sometimes  :)

This one has been hanging around for a while. I had started the filework on the spine months ago but then put it away and forgot it!

Still, done now and Quite happy with it. I thought I'd posted on the 3 blade slip joint too But can't find it? So I might just put up a pic of that or the 4 of them? A little later though....

Ralph.

Offline Lew_Merrick_PE

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »
Nice workmanship.

I have to admit that laws dealing with knives are truly screwy.  Here in the U.S. the 2nd Amendment is always discussed in terms of firearms without the understanding that it was knives and (short) swords that were the foundation of war when it was written.  The first war in which more people were killed or wounded with propellant-powered slugs than sharp pointy things was the Crimean War.  When the Shot Heard 'Round the World was fired at Concord during the American Revolution, more Redcoats were killed or wounded by arrows than by bullets!  Our Hollywood view of history has blurred this.  On the 7th of January 1815 in Chalmette Louisiana where the Battle of New Orleans was fought, the weapon that terrorized the British soldiers was the Kaintuck Toothpick -- a (roughly) two foot dagger.  There were (as of 1982) hundreds of them at that National Park museum there (not being sure how many survived Katrina).

My education in smithing began when, as an 8-year old, I helped make machetes from truck leaf springs to deal with slide alder for hiking in Washington State's Cascade Mountains.  Most of my personal knife making has focused on fixed blade knives, though I have designed and made several folding knives (including an all ceramic and composite multi-blade switchblade tool for Explosive Ordinance Disposal work -- that had to be (1) non-magnetic, (2) non-conductive, and (3) able to be manipulated while wearing the baseball-mitt type gloves the EOD techs wear -- quite a design challenge).  While working in Louisiana for NASA, I was constantly being harassed by cops for carrying a Swiss Army knife -- in a State with an open carry law.  You could wear a .44 magnum handgun openly, but it was a felony to open any pocket knife in public!

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »
Thanks Lew,

A history lesson too.... Got to say I knew very little of that info!

I was constantly being harassed by cops for carrying a Swiss Army knife -- in a State with an open carry law.  You could wear a .44 magnum handgun openly, but it was a felony to open any pocket knife in public!
   :lol:

Sounds about right... Politicians trying to make the public happy and gain the vote by any chance?

Oooo...Getting too political already!

Happy you liked the works  :thumbup:

Ralph.

Offline Anzaniste

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 02:39:54 AM »
I liked your long video. It gave a good feel to what it is like to rivet over the pins. I also appreciated the time you spent showing the linishing.

What really impressed me was that you did not pein your thumb.  :bugeye:
Scrooby, 1 mile south of Gods own County.

Offline Divided he ad

• The Collective
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2012, 08:10:24 AM »
What really impressed me was that you did not pein your thumb.  :bugeye:

:lol:

Done that plenty of times... Been swinging hammers for various jobs over quite a few years now. You get good at aiming quick or have a very sore left hand!

Even taken the glasses off my face once or twice on the way down!   :hammer:  That makes you think about what you're doing a little more  :loco:

Glad you liked the vid.  :)

Ralph.