Author Topic: One of my passtimes  (Read 10890 times)

Offline Scuba1

One of my passtimes
« on: March 22, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »
A bit of my " work"

The blades I make out of 12c27 and the rest is stuff I find out and about like bits of wood, antler, leather The sheath I wet form out of veg tanned leather.

ATB

Michael

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
Re: One of my passtimes
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 04:59:57 PM »
Very beutefull I am impressed  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline Blade

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:24:10 PM »
Nice knives. How do you like that steel? Looking at Sandviks website the composition looks like it would be a good steel. How is it to work and finish, Judging by your pictures it looks like it polishes well. The heat treat looks simple also which is always nice.

Thanks for sharing,

Eddie

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:13:30 PM »
It is real easy to work with and polish up to a decent finish. Another nice thing about it is that unlike most other stainless steels it is not as hard to get a proper edge on it and it keeps that edge quite well too. One thing though it is stainless as in it stains less. I have found out that it is no good for making knives for the use on boats or for diving if you want to keep a nice finish on it. i tend to pay more attention to the usability of a knife / steel though and they tend to get marks on them when using them as a utility knife and that is something I don't mind. Once a year or so I give my knife a once over with a polishing pad and that will have to do. Try it out, I think you will like working with it.

ATB

Michael